Part 13

As everyone gathered for breakfast, Naaziya surprised them by sitting next to Hyder. The elders observed her suspiciously, while the younger members of the family were excited to see her there.

Throughout the meal, she playfully hit Hyder's leg, earning a disapproving glare from him. Hyder hurriedly finished his breakfast and was about to leave when Naaziya leaned in and whispered, "Don't miss me too much; I'll come and meet you."

Her words left him puzzled as he walked away, wondering what she is up to next.

**

During lunchtime, Naaziya took the exclusive elevator to reach Hyder's floor, where she surprised Shafa at her desk. Quickly regaining her composure, Shafa asked, 'Hi Naaziya, tum yahan. Kuch kaam tha?'

'Hyder ko lunch pe le jana hai'  Naaziya continued, ignoring the tension in the air 'And aapse bhi baat karni thi'

The two women were now sitting in a conference room tucked away from the busy office space.

'Maine kal Hyder ko bhi bataya tha and aaj aapko bhi batana hai. I am not backing off. Hyder mere the aur aage bhi mere hi rahenge. I will make him realise his love for me'.

'Hyder ne hamesha kaha hai wo tumse pyar karta hai but unke pyar ka galat matlab naa lo' Shafa tried to make her understand.

'Galat aapko lagta hai, wo humne aapse jyada mohabbat karte hai'  Naaziya asserted.

'Ye sach hai, aur main tumhari jagah bhi nahi lena chahti. But kya tum apni feelings ke liye Hyder ki feelings neglect karogi?'

Naaziya's resolve wavered for a moment, thinking about the initial reason for her withdrawal – HIM. Yet, the memory of his pained smile during the engagement rekindled her determination. 'Hum selfish hi sahi, but hum peeche nahi hat rahe. Aapko isliye bataya kyunki peeth peeche humne kaam karna nahi pasand.'

She left leaving perplexed Shafa, who was unsecure from the beginning but after today she already felt lost.

**

'Chaliye, humne lunch pe bahar jana hai'

'Naaz, main busy hu. Tum kissi aur ke saath chali jao' he responded.

'Theek hai hum wait karenge' she said and sat on the couch in the corner. He continued his work, hoping she will tire herself and leave.

Three hours had passed since he last spoke to her or even looked in her direction, but she remained quietly waiting. Unable to ignore her any longer, he broke his silence.

'Bhook hadtal pe ho kya?'

'Kyu aap hai kya? hum to aapke saath khane wale hai' she said amused knowing he can't see her discomfort.

'Naaz, this will not change anything'.

Mujhe kuch badalne ki koshish nahi hai. Bas main chahti hu ki aap samjhe humare beech jo hai," she explained.

He took a defected sigh 'There is no use talking to you. Chalo, kahan khana hai?'

***

Naaziya sat with a satisfied smile as Salma approached her. Gently patting her head, Salma spoke, 'Hamesha aise hi khush raha karo'.

'Badi Ammi, aaj hum Hyder ko poore 3 ghanta sataye phir wo hume lunch pe le gaye' Naaziya shared with a gleam in her eyes.

Salma momentarily froze, her expression changing, 'Beta, tum kya kar rahi ho'

'Hum apne pe haq jata rahe hai' Naaziya replied confidently.

'Beta galat mat samjhna, aisa nahi hai ki hum tumhe Hyder ke liye pasand nahi karte. Par aisa nahi chahte ki tum kuch aisa karo jisse aur pareshan ho', Salma advised.

'Badi ammi, aap chinta naa karein. Hyder aur humse baag nahi payenge' she said with a soft chuckle.

Salma smiled,observing Naaziya's happy and determined expression. She was in a dilemma, asher son was usually the wise one, but this time she couldn't help but feel thatNaaziya might be right.