Epilogue

Luci Gracel

Everything turned out fine. I didn't know how I got here, but at least it's done now.

The years that had dropped by had been very frustrating, and fruitful.
But in the end, everything fell down to its rightful places.

"Why the long face? She's graduating today." Sabat ni Xeah sa aking iniisip.

And she's right. Eba is graduating today.

I looked at the front, to where Eba was standing.

She looked so beautiful. Kumaway pa Ito sa amin nang mapansin nia kami. Kasama niya ang Lolo't Lola niya, pati na rin ang kanyang ama.

"Everest Morrison. Magna Cum Laude."

I couldn't be prouder. She's graduating as Magna Cum Laude in their course. She's standing on the stage, while her Lolo put the medal on her. She took a bow, and we clapped for her.

"You're one lucky shit. Don't ever let her go."

"I won't, and I'm not planning to."

"Good. Now go get her, you pussy."
Tukso naman ni Marceline. Napailing nalang ako.

"Hindi pa tapos and ceremony oy." Sabi ni Rahi.

"Shota mo oh, atat. Parang siya 'yung nanliligaw eh."
Rebut ko naman.

The ceremony ended and we immediately went to them.

"Congratulations Eve!" The girls squealed and they hugged her.

I'm just looking at her and looked how she has grown as a person, and as an independent woman.

"Oh, make way for Luci. I'm sure she missed Eve more than us." Tukso ni Xeah. Natawa nalang ako.

Flowers in my hand, I made my way towards her.

"Hi. You looked splendid. This is for you, and congratulations Magna Cum Laude."

"Asus! Laplapin mo na 'yan!" Tukso ni Marceline.

Nagulat nalang kami sa sinabi niya. Namula kami pareho ni Eba, buti nalang 'di gets ng mga matatanda.

I mentally face palmed myself.

"What? I'm actually doing what you were doing back when you were still single." Depensa naman ni Marceline.

"My bad, your ass is still single." Natawa pa ito.

Muntik na akong mapairap.

"Anyway, I have booked us a restaurant. Why don't we just convoy there?"

Awat ni Mr. Morrison.

"Alright Sir, you can lead the way."  Sagot ko sa kanya.

Still blushing, Eba walked with her grandparents as she took a final glance on me. I smiled in return.

"Sir pa rin? Kahit ilang taon na ang lumipas?"

"Rahi ah, awatin mo 'tong fiancé mo."

"Hey, hindi ka rin nagpapa awat noon ah."

I just sighed.

I think everything I did, just bit me on the ass a couple years later.

Dang it. That's why you should think things through, kung ayaw niyong matulad sa akin.

Rahi drove the car that we rented, nakasunod kami sa van nila Eba. Tinatahak namin ang daan sa pamilyar na restaurant.

"You gotta be kidding me." Xeah said nang pababa kami.