Chapter 7: Man or Slave?

A/N: Long chapter incoming.

3rd Person POV

In Trask Enterprise we could see how Gwen, Miles and Peter were fighting against Carnage.

Miles barely managed to stop one of Carnage tendrils that were going towards doctor Connors, also known as his biology teacher at school.

"At least he's safe now" Is what Miles thought as he saw Connors running towards the exit.

But suddenly he was caught off guard and he felt a strong hit on the right side of he's body, and he was pretty sure that some of his ribs broke in the hit.

One of Carnage tendrils got him.

"Wha- my Spider Sense didn't warn me?" Is what Miles thought mid air as he finally hit the wall making groan in pain.

"No!" Screamed Gwen as she saw Miles on the floor trying to stand up.

With anger Gwen looked at Carnage and ran towards him.

"No, Wait!" Screamed Peter seeing Gwen being fueled by the anger.

Unfortunately she didn't hear him and Gwen was determined to end with Carnage here and now, but while she was approaching Carnage was already one step ahead as he launched all of his lashers at her.

Lashers that he quickly turned into scythes.

Gwen seeing this quickly jumped back while covering her face with her arms.

But Carnage scythes managed to get her making multiple cuts on her body and arms, Gwen screamed in pain and fell on her knees but when she looked up all she saw as one big scythe going towards her head at an extreme speed.

"I... I can't, I don't have time" She thought, closing her eyes waiting for her destiny to come.

That destiny never happened however since she felt someone carrying her, when she opened her eyes she saw Peter who left her right besides Miles.

"My Spider Sense... Is not activating" Said Gwen while groaning in pain.

"Then don't rely on it!" Peter scolded them while sighing, he was like this once after all but he worries too much about this kids to let them hurt themselves.

Miles and Gwen have the resources to be better than him, in fact Peter hopes they are better than him, but Miles and Gwen lack something important.

Experience...

Miles and Gwen have been wearing the suit for a year only, and while they have some experience, for an enemy like carnage their experience is not nearly enough.

Peter has been Spider-Man for nearly 10 years, and he has plenty of experience...

Looking behind him Peter shot a web at Carnage and launched himself towards him while spinning midair.

Hurt, Gwen and Miles got on their feet once again and saw in slow motion how Peter was facing Carnage.

Spinning in the air and with incredible reflexes, Peter dodged Carnage Lashers and scythes coming at him by making slight movements still on the air.

He extended his hand and shot a web at carnage face once again launching himself at the symbiote.

And once he is close enough...

*KICK*

Miles and Gwen could only look in admiration how Peter was the only one who managed to hit carnage, but while they had admiration for Peter they sighed in frustration knowing now that they still have a lot to learn.