Chapter 18: The King

3rd Person POV

Currently, we can see Peter swinging through the buildings wearing his hero suit.

He was quite stressed, honestly.

Or maybe confused, or perhaps it's both.

He just got out of the meeting with the Avengers, and he was not happy at all.

Not only one but three symbiotes were now free in the city, he dealt with one before but he didn't have any idea If he could deal with three of them, he was the only one who knew how dangerous they were.

But there was something else that was eating his mind.

"Why does Stark know so much about them? Why did nobody realize that Trask Enterprise was experimenting with symbiotes?"

The question remained on his mind as he was swinging through the buildings until he stuck near the window of his apartment, he looked to his sides making sure no one was watching him before opening the window and entering.

He took off the mask and put it on the couch before letting out a sigh. He didn't do much today but the questions were tiring him out somehow, everything was confusing for him. Peter looked at the door of his closed bedroom before letting out a little smile.

"She's probably still asleep... She came late yesterday because of her job"

So not wanting to make too much noise, the brown-haired man walked to the fridge and opened it.

"I should really buy some orange juice" He said before serving himself a glass of water.

"Trask Enterprise..." He said before chugging down the water, for some reason, the company sounded familiar to him.

Suddenly a spark went on in his mind.

"Wasn't that the enterprise that my father used to work for?"

Richard Parker, a bio-engineer and also the father of the spider hero, used to work for Trask Enterprise, he wasn't allowed to talk about the project, but he heard him sometimes talking about a cure for cancer.

"He used to talk a lot with his partner... Eddie Brock"

Now that name he did know, how could he not? After fighting so many times against him, but while Peter was looking for answers in his mind he only seemed to find more questions.

"But Eddie promised he wouldn't cause more trouble..." He thought "He told me that he had a family and other projects to work with... Did he lie?"

He hadn't seen the man in a while, but so far he was probably the only one who could answer his doubts.

Peter's train of thought was cut off the moment he gently felt two hands behind him wrapping him in a hug "You seem a bit stressed, thought you needed it" The voice of his wife did calm him down, he turned around to look at her face and she was smiling back at him.