Chapter 19: Your Smile

3rd Person POV

"He's holding hands with... Him?"

"Who is he?"

"I think that's Y/N... He's kinda like an edgelord"

As Y/N suspected, the students were starting to spread rumors about him and MJ dating, what he didn't expect however was the fact that they were spreading them even before they reached the school, they still had to reach the entrance.

The boy looked at the red-haired girl and she had the cheekiest smirk on her face, matter of fact instead of letting go of Y/N's hand, she wrapped her arms around his and put her head on his body since she couldn't quite reach his shoulder because of the boy's height.

She didn't give a damn about the rumors, she would gloat about having Y/N to herself if she could.

So she held him closer, almost as if she was claiming him.

At the school gate, we could see Cindy waiting for someone, someone with whom she amazingly connected.

Her 'best friend'...

"Oh, who am I kidding? It's a damn crush..." She muttered to herself as she sighed, she had a lot of affection for the boy already, but she thought that he might see it a little weird because she met him just a few weeks ago, hell she thinks it's weird. But her heart beats faster when he's close and she gets nervous even when he's not saying anything, she hasn't had friends before but she's not a fool to not know what she's feeling, and she knows she likes the boy very much.

"And here I am..." She sighed while she said the words.

And her patience paid off the moment she saw Y/N entering high school... But he was holding hands with MJ.

Seeing this, Cindy felt her heart sink as a thousand questions went through her mind.

"Why are they holding hands? This is probably MJ being MJ, right? They are not dating... Right?"

Suddenly she was detached from her thoughts the moment she felt a hand on her shoulder, she turned around only to look at Felicia who was also looking at MJ and Y/N.

The light blonde-haired girl knew what she was feeling, it didn't matter if Felicia helped him when she could, it didn't matter if Cindy expressed her feelings for him. MJ is going to have a certain advantage over them.

After all, when Y/N was hurt, she was the first one he called, she was the first one who comforted him and the first one to be there for him. That's not something Y/N is going to forget anytime soon, it was mainly because the situation was overwhelming to him at the time, but he let himself be vulnerable in MJ's eyes and she was still there for him.

MJ turned to look at her friends and smiled at Y/N before walking towards Cindy and Felicia, leaving the H/C boy behind.

The red-haired girl smiled at her friends and the girls smiled at her too. But the two of them were feeling guilty inside.

"This is not right... I'm not supposed to have feelings for him if she has it for him. Am I even being a good friend for thinking about this?"

Meanwhile, we could see Y/N letting out a sigh as he put a hand on his face since he was still a bit embarrassed.

"I thought you weren't giving her the D?" Y/N didn't even have to turn around to know who was the one speaking to him.

"Fuck off, Flash," Said Y/N, this time turning around and looking at the teenager.

Flash had a cocky smirk on his face "What? I just want to know if my bro is scoring or not"

"Your bro?" Y/N raised an eyebrow while having a slight smile on his face.