5

As Kunj's flight touched down at Mumbai airport, he couldn't help but feel a sense of nostalgia and anticipation. India was not just a place; it was a feeling, a connection to his roots. And as he disembarked from the plane and walked through the airport terminal, he knew that his Indian family was eagerly awaiting his return.

As he approached the arrival gate, his heart leaped with joy when he saw a vibrant display of flowers and heard the lively beat of dhol drums. Leela Maa, his beloved foster mother, stood there with a beaming smile, her eyes filled with love and longing.

"Kunj, beta!" she exclaimed, and without hesitation, he rushed into her warm embrace. Their hug was a reunion of hearts, a moment that spoke of years of love and care.

Leela Maa held him at arm's length, her eyes brimming with tears of joy. "You have no idea how much we've missed you, Kunj."

Kunj, deeply touched by her affection, replied, "I've missed you too, Maa. It's good to be back."

But the warm welcome didn't end there. Twinkle, Leela's dear daughter and the girl who had always been like a little sister to Kunj, stood beside her mother, holding a garland of flowers. Her eyes sparkled with excitement and happiness.

"Welcome home, Kunj!" Twinkle said, placing the garland around his neck.

Kunj smiled down at her, his affection for her shining in his eyes. "Thank you, Twinkle. It's great to see you too."

The dhol continued to beat rhythmically, filling the air with energy and celebration as they made their way out of the airport. Kunj's heart swelled with gratitude for the love and warmth of his Indian family. He knew he was home, where he was not just welcomed but cherished, where Leela Maa was his mother, and Twinkle was the little sister he had always longed for.