31

The sun hung low in the sky, casting long shadows across the football field as Abhi, the team captain, gathered his teammates for a quick discussion before the crucial match against St. Xavier University. Surrounded by his dedicated players, including Arjun, Suraj, Rudra, Manik, Rohan, Jeet, Sam, and Tanmay, Abhi outlined their strategy for the game.

Abhi: (with determination) "Alright, team, this is it. Our biggest match of the season. We know what we're up against. St. Xavier is a tough opponent, but we've trained hard, and we're ready. We need to focus on our strengths, work as a unit, and remember our training. Let's give it everything we've got out there."

The team nodded in unison, their faces filled with determination. They knew that the game ahead would be challenging, but they had confidence in their captain's leadership.

On the sidelines, Kunj watched intently as the game kicked off. He was joined by his friends, Nandini, Niya, Twinkle, Laksh, and Rohit. They cheered enthusiastically, their voices rising with each pass, tackle, and goal attempt. The atmosphere was charged with anticipation.

Riya, too, was present, her eyes fixed on Abhi.

She couldn't contain her excitement and was vocal in her support for Abhi throughout the match. Her shouts of encouragement cut through the crowd noise.

As the game progressed, it was clear that both teams were evenly matched. Each side displayed incredible skill, determination, and teamwork. The field echoed with the sounds of players shouting instructions and the roar of the crowd. It was a thrilling contest.

The final minutes of the game approached, and the tension was palpable. The score was tied, and it was anyone's game. Abhi's team made a determined push towards the goal. With swift passes and excellent teamwork, they positioned themselves for a game-changing play. The crowd held its breath.
.
.
.

Abhi spotted an opening and seized the opportunity. He launched the ball toward the net with all the strength and precision he could muster. The ball soared through the air, narrowly avoiding the goalkeeper's reach, and struck the back of the net.
.
.

.
.
.
.

GOAL!

Abhi's teammates erupted in cheers as the scoreboard displayed their victory. The entire stadium was alive with celebration. Their hard-fought efforts had paid off, and they had won the match.

Amidst the jubilant crowd, Abhi looked around for Kunj, seeking his presence to share the moment. But Kunj was nowhere to be found.

Panic crept into Abhi's heart. He hadn't seen Kunj in the midst of the celebration. Pushing through the crowd, he rushed to the sidelines, scanning the area frantically. His eyes met Nandini's, who gestured toward the bleachers.

Nandini: (pointing) "He was there a moment ago, Abhi."

Riya, who had been cheering wildly moments ago, seized the opportunity. She dashed towards Abhi, overcome by the thrill of the victory, and in the heat of the moment, she planted a sudden kiss on his lips.

The kiss left Abhi taken aback, his eyes wide with surprise. He gently but firmly pushed Riya away, his thoughts consumed by finding Kunj. Riya's joy turned into a mix of confusion and embarrassment.

Abhi's mind raced, and he felt an overwhelming sense of urgency to locate Kunj. In the midst of the crowd, he managed to catch a glimpse of Kunj's retreating figure. Without a second thought, Abhi pushed through the jubilant teammates and supporters, determined to find Kunj and make things right.

As he raced up the bleachers, his heart pounded in his chest. The roaring crowd seemed to fade into the background as his focus narrowed on finding the one person who mattered the most at that moment-Kunj.
....................