ch 1

Beep, Beep, Beep.

Was all I heard when I came too.

'why the fuck am I in the hospital?' I thought to myself.

I hate hospitals. I hate them with a passion.

I groaned as I went to rub my eyes but pain shot threw my shoulder and chest.

"Sir don't move, you have been shot on the right side of your chest and shoulder twice." An angelic voice said. Her voice made me melt on the inside and feel relaxed and completely at ease. I have no idea why I feel like this but I do. And it scared the shit out of me.

But I welcome the feeling.

I fluttered my eyes and looked to my right where the nose came from and hisses.

"Oh don't turn your head, you're rip a stitch." She said and leaned over me.

And hot damn she was gorgeous a goddess at that.

"How did I get here.?" I asked.

"Your friends brought you on, you lost a lot of blood and need a blood transfusion. You were out for 2 days." She said.

"2 days?" I asked in disbelief.

"Yes you hit your head pretty hard to a big old goose egg and 6 stitches. And minor swelling to the brain. The swelling is what kept you out for 2 days. Your friend Mr. Smith will be back shortly. He went to get some food. Here is a glass of water. I'll call your friend to let him know you're awake." She said.

"Thank you ms." I said.

"Your welcome oh I forgot my manners I'm nurse Abigail I'll be your nurse while you're here. I'll go get the doctor to check you." She said and she grabbed a tray that has gauze with blood on it.

"She just got done changing my dressing I seemed. I nodded my head and took a drink of my water as she left.

A few minutes later Abigail walked in with a doctor.

"Ah nice to see you awake Kyler. I am Dr. Dickson. How are you feeling?" Doc said.

"I'm good. I don't feel my head injury but I feel the one in my chest and shoulder." I explained.

"Ok that's good the headache medicine nurse Abigail gave you while changing your dressing kicked in. That's why you don't feel it now. The pain in your shoulder should dull soon from the medicine as well. It has not kicked in all the way yet." Doc said.

I nodded for him to continue.

"What is the last thing you remember?" He asked.

"I was at a restaurant with my family for our weekly family dinner. I was on my way home to meet up with my girlfriend who was home from work. I was driving down the freeway when a car pulled up in front of me and then I remember getting shot at them every went black." I said. The doctor nodded.

Your car was found by exit 80 flipped upside down. Your seat belt was on but was cut by a shard of glass and you slipped your seatbelt. And cut your forehead on shards of glass that was on your roof one big one and multiple smaller ones. You also have a big old goose egg of a bump on your head where you get the steering wheel.

A car about 1,000 feet behind you saw your car crash and flipped. They stop next to your car to call 911. You're lucky they called when they did but while waiting for help your friend showed up cand came to the hospital with you. Your family is on their way. Along with your friend your family went to the airport to get your uncle who got the first flight out to come see you." Doc explained.

"Thank you doc. Can you send them here the moment they arrive?" I asked.

"Of course oh before I forget even though it is against hospital policy your friend is being you food." Doc said.