ch 23

A few days later

“Ah Kyler there is a woman from child services here with a 11 year old boy here asking for you.” Kyle said.
I was sitting in Abigail's hospital room helping her feed the twins when Kyle walked in.
“Why would child services come here while a child?” I asked as I slowly stood up.
“She claims the boy is your son you are on the birth certificate.” Kyle said holding a birth certificate in front of me.
“I don't have an 11 year old son. Not that I am aware of anyway.” I said, completely confused.
“A letter came with the birth certificate. I'll take Mato while you deal with this.” Kyle said, setting the birth certificate and an envelope on the table next to me and gently took his brother from my arms.
I moved so he could sit and grabbed the papers. I opened the envelope. I recognized the handwriting of my ex-girlfriend from 12 years ago.
“Why did my ex-girlfriend of 12 years leave me a letter?” I asked as I read over the contents.
“What does it say baby?” Abigail asked.
“That stupid witch left me the second she found out she was pregnant? What the h.te double hockey sticks. Says here she made this letter the day he was born Incase anything happened to her. But if she was still alive I'm betting I'd never have known I had a son. I'm gonna talk to this lady and get a DNA test done.” I said.
“You do that for all we know the boy could be someone else's.” Abigail said.
I nodded knowing she was right. I kissed my 3 angels.
Mikayla was watching a movie on her iPad. And the twins were eating. Then I kissed my wife then walked out the room with the papers.
Apparently I had a 11 year old son named Jaxon James D’Angelo.
“Mr. D’Angelo?” A woman said the second I walked into the waiting room.
“Yes.” I said looking at her and the boy who are the only two in the waiting room.
“Hi I'm Ms. Bartlett from child services. Sorry we had to come to the hospital after you just had newborn babies. But I needed to talk to you. This is Jaxon, your son. Can I talk to you in the hallway about what happened to his mother? All he knows is that she had passed but he doesn't know how she passed. He is the one who found her in the kitchen hoping to have his favorite breakfast this morning.” Ms Bartlett said.
“Of course.” I said and walked back out into the hall.
Once she closed the door she turned to face me.
“Ok so Jaxon found his mom dead on the kitchen floor. She has a seizure, a severe one that killed her. Autopsy is being performed to find out why she had one when she has no history of it on her medical records. Do you have any questions?” Ms. Bartlett said in questioning.
“The only question I have is can I get a DNA test done to see if he is actually my child.” I said.
“Of course. There are 3 ways to do it. Blood sample, hair follicle, or cheek swab. Now he is not a fan of needles so he chooses to do the cheek swab. He was made aware a DNA test needed to be done for court reasons. They just need DNA results on record stating your his father and then you will need to sign papers if you wish to take guardianship over Jaxon. If not then you will need to sign papers for him to go into foster care.” Ms. Bartlett said.
“Understandable, and even if he is actually my son I would never abandon him, blood related or not. It's not in my blood to abandon people. I rescue them plus rescue animals. The people I rescue I always reunite them with their family. And if they happen to not have one they live with me till they can get back on their feet or if it's a child with no family Kyle the man you talked to is he my god son he is a single dad of 3 girls who don't have family so he would have adopted said child so they have a loving home.” I explained.
We are aware of you saving people and the children you saved. We are grateful for that and we love that you reunite them with their family if they have them. And we love that you give them a loving home if they don't.” Ms. Bartlett said.
“Thank you. We just recently just saved a punch of children a couple of days ago.” I said.
“We know your cousin updates us on the children you guys save. We literally have files of all the children you saved to keep track of all the kids who could have been in the system. We call it the could of been children” Ms. Bartlett said.
“That's odd but cool you're keeping track.” I said.
“Every child services company is Loving that you save children. The only thing we have on file is their first and last name, nothing more.” She said and I nodded.
“I am going to go get a doctor so we can get the DNA test going. I'll be right back.” I said and walked to Abigail’s doctor. Abigail has a couple more days left here in the hospital, they wanted to monitor her and make sure nothing else could happen so they've been running all sorts of tests on her to make sure of it.
“Bernadette, can you come here for a minute.” I said since I couldn't find Abigail’s doctor but one of her many colleagues.
“Yes Mr. D’Angelo.” Bernadette said.
“Can I get a DNA test done? Child services is here with an 11 year old boy, who she claims is mine. They are in the waiting room.” I said.
“Of course I'll also have the lab put a rush on it for you.” Bernadette said.
“Thank you Bernadette.” I said.
“Anything for your wife and her family. We love her here, even little Mikayla.” Bernadette said with a joyous smile and walked away.
“Oh, make sure it's the swab test.” I said and walked off back to the waiting room.
“Ok so I have a doctor coming in to do a swab test.” I said and sat a couple of chairs down next to Jaxon not wanting to scare him with close proximity.