ch 14

“PAYTON! MICHAEL!’ Mitch screamed at the top of his lungs. Poor kid is worried sick I get it but he is gonna lose his damn voice.
“MITCH!?” we hear in a distance.
“PAYTON!?” Mitch yelled.
“MITCH WE ARE DOWN HERE!”. Payton yelled.
We slowly ran to the edge of a cliff and looked down.
“HOW DID YOU GET DOWN THEIR?” Mitch yelled.
“THE GROUND GAVE OUT WE WERE ABOUT 3 FEET FROM THE EDGE AND THE GROUND GAVE OUT. MICHAEL HAS BEEN IN AN OUT OF CONSCIOUSNESS.” Payton yelled.
“PAYTON WE HAVE 2 DOCTORS WITH US WHO ARE FRIENDS OF YOUR BROTHER WE ARE GONNA SEND THEM DOWN WITH THEIR MED BAGS I'M GONNA CALL IN A COUPLE CHOPPERS TO GET YOU GUYS OUT OF HERE OK.” St. Smith yelled.
“OK THANK YOU!” Payton yelled.
“Tanner, help me get some rope tied around those two boulders so we can send Abigail and her dad down to them.” I said.
“Ok I have a rig in my backpack.” Tanner said.
“So do I.” St. Smith said.
“We found them.” St. Smith said in his CB radio attachment to his shoulder.
“104. What's your location?” St. Black asked.
St. Smith gave the location and information we will be sending Abigail and her dad down.
“Baby you be careful going down there.” I said as she and Dakota feared up.
“We will, it's a straight drop from here.” Abigail said.
“I know but I will still worry.” I said.
“I know, baby. I need yours and Mitch's backpacks emptied. We can't carry these med bags while holding the rope to get down.” Abigail said.
“Mitch, let's empty our bags so they can carry their med bags down.” I said.
“Way ahead of ya.” Mitch said I looked and saw him dumping his backpack on the ground about 10 feet from the edge.
I walked over to him and did the same.
“Oh and Mitch drink this, it will help you from losing your voice and sooth your throat.” Abigail said handing him some herbal medicine Mitch looked at the medicine unsure he should take it. He looked like he didn't wanna drink it too.
“Just drink it Mitch she is a doctor she knows what she is doing.” I said.
Mitch hesitated for a moment then took the herbal medicine, opened it, held his nose and took it in one go wanting to get it over with. The last time he took herbal medicine from Abigail was when he had the flu. He was gagging at the smell and taste but he was feeling a whole lot better the next day.
“Ok let's hook you guys up to the ropes everyone will hold a rope while me and Tanner make sure they get down safely.
“St. Smith said as Abigail and Dakota put the backpacks on and snapped them in the front of their chest.
“Please be careful.” I said.
We will, baby.” Abigail said and gave me a kiss.
Tanner and St. Smith hooked them up to the ropes just as everyone showed up. Rain laid on her belly at the edge of the cliff looking down.
“Rain stay girl.” St. Smith said.
Rain looked at St. Smith and barked.
“Good girl Rain.” St. Smith said as Abigail and Dakota eased to the edge freaking me the hell out.
“Ok everyone grabbed the rope.” St. Smith said and we all grabbed a rope.
St. Black checked to see if everything was set up properly then walked over to St. Smith.
“Choppers are 10 minutes out.” St. Black said.
“That's enough time to get them down and have them mister aid.” St. Smith said.
“It is. Here is a walkie to keep in touch down there.” St. Black said.
“Thank you” they both said and tucked the walkies into the breast pocket of their jackets with a zipper.
“Alright hold on tight to the rope but loose enough to slide down.” St. Smith said, handing them gloves.
“Got it.” They said in unison. Then grabbed their ropes once the gloves were on.
“Now, nice and steady. Don't rush, we don't need you getting hurt on the way down and back up. We have 10 minutes tille choppers arrive.” St. Smith said.
“Ok.” They said in unison.
“Alright, slowly ease over the edge and slowly walk down the cliff to the second cliff level.” St. Black said. Abigail and Dakota did as told and slowly eased themselves down. I was now full on freaking out once I couldn't see them both my nerves were now shot.
“Kyler you ok?” Tanner asked. As he glanced back at us.
“I'm freaking out. I am not comfortable with my girlfriend and her dad going down but I understand they are the only doctors on scene.” I said.
“Yeah I feel the same way and she is my mom. Well not biologically but she is the only mother figure I have.” Kyle said.
“We understand. Just try to keep calm and have a good grip on the ropes in case the knot slips.” St. Black said.
“Easier said than done but we will try.” I said.
“Abigail, Dakota. How far down are you?” St. Smith asked.
“It took a moment since one of them had to unzip their pocket to get the walkie.
“We are about ten feet from Payson and Michael.” Dakota said and we could hear Abigail talking in the background and then Payton replying that Michael was waking up.
“Ok let us know when you touch the ground.” St. Smith said.
“Copy.” Dakota said. Then it went radio silent.