ch 13

“We are home!” I yelled as we walked in from hunting. I got my doe. Dakota somehow got both a doe and buck with one bullet. Kyle and Mato only got one deer. So both are gonna come back out tomorrow before Kyle goes to practice tomorrow afternoon Dakota is gonna tag along just in case another emergency happens so he is just gonna sit in the same blind as Mato.
“Did you guys have fun?” Abigail asked.
“Yeah Dakota and I are tagged out. Somehow he got 2 deer with one bullet both male and female deer. Both Mato and Kyle have one more deer left. Kyle is gonna go to the hospital with some teammates to go visit that girl we saved since he wants to go back out tomorrow morning before practice to go back out hunting. even though Dakota is tagged out he is going to tag along in case of an emergency like this morning. Dakota is gonna call the fish game and wildlife to let them know even though he is tagged out he is only going in case of emergencies only, like this morning.” I said.
“Ok thank you I'll call in the morning to remind them I'm going to be out there for emergencies only.” Dakota said.
“Ok thank you sir, have a nice day. Bye.” Dakota said then hung up.
“Ok I'm allowed to be out just not armed.” Dakota said.
“I can see why I mean you are tagged out and can't kill any more deer. So Mato and Kyle are gonna be your only protection if an emergency does happen again.” I said.
“Yup pretty much.” Dakota said.
“That's awesome. Well I'm gonna shower and meet some of the guys at the hospital.” Kyle said.
“Ok go get cleaned up. Tala is napping and she will be asleep for another hour.” Abigail said.
“Ok thanks mom.” Kyle said and kissed her cheek then went to his room to shower.

One month later.

I had walked out the back door with a cup of coffee in hand earlier this morning but stopped dead in my tracks with what I'm looking at. I saw Mato, Dakota, Abigail, Mikayla and Kyle plus some of his teammates who have some native in them all in my backyard a bonfire going and then all dect out in their native attire like real native clothes their tribe would wear.
“What on earth?” I said
But my god did Abigail look drop dead sexy in her native attire.
“Put the bedroom eyes away son. They are teaching Kyle and his teammates who have native in them how things are done in their tribe. Dakota and Mato know different traditions of every tribe and they are being taught it's. Mikayla is soaking everything up like a sponge too, so are they boys. Apparently before each sport there is a ritual that needs to be done to bring good luck to the team. They didn't know about it but apparently there is a ritual some native sport players do to bring good luck to the team. That involves a certain kind of herbal tea that gives them energy and strength.” My dad said.
“Oh.” Was all I said.
“Yeah and before Mikayla came out apparently there is a ritual for a couple to make love to but I am not sure if I heard that one correctly.” Dad said.
“A ritual for sex?” I asked.
“Yeah it's for when you plan to have children the ritual is so your children are healthy, and strong.” Dad said.
“I'll have to ask Abigail about that.” I said.
“That you will.” Dad said.
Soon the drumming was done and Dakota and Mato looked up at me just as Adisila came out in her native clothes on.
“Ah Kyler. Is it ok if we bless this land? I wanna show them that it is in our native blood to bless the land we live on.” Mato said in questioning.
“I don't mind. It's apart of the Native way.” I said, knowing damn well it's part of it. I now very little of the native life from hearing about property that was once native land. once and if someone rips up that land the chief of that land once upon a time. His spirit haunts that land and haunts the people on that land making them think the land is cursed.
“Oh I completely forgot to tell you. This land is native land. My family found old native camps in the woods. My family is very respectful of native lands. A shaw man before we bought this land did a ritual to ask for protection to build our farm on this land and promised to do good by the land. And leave the camp alone. The shaw man said the chief whose spirit is still here granted us permission just as long as we are respectful of the land. And we have been if the chief’s spirit allows it we can visit the site as long as we respect it.” Dad said.
“Yes I have been feeling the spirits of the native tribe here. The chief has been visiting everyday to make sure the land is still being respected. He is here now. Dancing to the music with his tribe. He tells me we are welcome to visit as long as nothing is taken as we respect their home.” Mato said.
Mato said he sees spirits and can speak to them. It's a gift he got as a kid and he uses it wisely.
“We will visit after we show Kyle and his teammates here the land blessing. The chief is ok with the blessing right?” Dakota asked.
“He is ok with the blessing he said since a new native family is here on the land a new blessing is fine it will strengthen the blessing he had placed on this land.” Mato said.
“Oh good thank you chief.” Dakota said.
“He said you're welcome.” Mato said.
And with that Mato, Dakota, Adisila and Abigail started the land blessing. It was interesting to see and you can feel the strength of the land change too.
“I can feel the energy shift.” I whispered.
“I can too. I think we all can.” Dad whispered.
“Chief wants the boys to join in. He keeps trying to get them to move but he doesn't wanna push them into the fire by accident.” Mato said.
“Come on boys dance around the fire? Like this.” Abigail said as she danced around the fire. The boys danced and they danced their hearts out no matter how goofy they looked. Abigail looked goofy too but it's their native dance.
“The chief is happy the strength is stronger on the land.” Mato said.
Soon the blessing of the land was done and the boys were out of breath.
“Now we go visit the place where they lived. Chief is asking us to follow.” Mato said.
“Hold on, let them catch their breath cheir.” Abigail said respectfully.
“Chief is fine with that.”  Mato said.