Chapter 16

After Huo Aowu left, a while later, Ruan Yimian waited for his cousin again.

Ruan Yiquan was also happy to come back this time. Before he could go home, he came to Ruan Yimian first. Ruan Yimian knew from the look on his face that Mian Rouge should be selling well.

"Brother Mian, why are you alone at home?" Ruan Yiquan sat down and wiped the sweat with the sweat towel on his shoulder.

Ruan Yimian brought tea to his cousin: "Cousin has tea, my parents have gone to the fields, I guess they won't be back until later."

Ruan Yiquan was probably very thirsty, so he drank half a glass of water. After putting down the glass, he smiled at his cousin and said, "I have good news. I wanted to tell them together to make my uncle and aunt happy. Since they are not here, I will tell you, and you can tell them when they come back."

Ruan Yimian nodded: "Cousin, please tell me."

Ruan Yiquan looked a little proud: "All five hundred sheets of cotton rouge have been sold out! Guess who they sold to?"

Without waiting for Ruan Yimian to reply, he couldn't wait to say: "More than two hundred were sold in those villages, and the rest were sold to the grocery store where I purchased them!"

Ruan Yimian thought to himself that selling to a grocery store was indeed a good way. Although it was not comparable to Rouge Shop, it was still much better than letting Ruan Yiquan push a cart and sell them one by one.

Moreover, most of the customers in the grocery store are people from the town, who are wealthier than the farmers in the village. It should be easier to sell there than in various villages.

"Cousin, you are so awesome, you can actually make the grocery store accept our cotton rouge!" Ruan Yimian looked overjoyed and boasted with a smile.

Ruan Yiquan doesn't show it on his face, but in his heart, like his younger brother Cheng Geer, he likes to be praised. Ruan Yimian's words really speak to his heart.

"Hey, your cotton rouge is still good. I originally wanted to go to the grocery store to buy some mirrors to sell with cotton rouge. The shopkeeper was a little surprised when he heard that I wanted to buy ten small mirrors. He and I are also old I was an acquaintance, so I explained it to him. Hearing that the cotton rouge I sold was so cheap, he still didn't believe it, so he took our cotton rouge and looked at it for a long time. I saw that he seemed interested, so I took one for him. He tried it on his hand and thought it was good, so he immediately came to me and bought a hundred copies."

"I have been out for three or four days this time and visited two villages. Only a hundred or so copies of cotton rouge were sold, and all the mirrors were sold out. So I wanted to come back first, rest for two days, and get some goods. Go out. But when I went to the grocery store to get the goods, the shopkeeper said that the cotton rouge was selling very well, and he bought all the hundred or so pieces I had left!"

Speaking of this, Ruan Yiquan was still a little excited: "The shopkeeper said that we should send another hundred copies next month!"

*

After Huo Aowu discussed repairing the house with his good brothers, he returned to Ruan's house.

As soon as he came back, he found Ruan Yimian sitting in the main room in a daze, his face a bit happy, a bit sad, and seemed a little troubled.

Huo Aowu looked at the extra teacup on the table and said thoughtfully: "What, who is coming over this afternoon?"

Ruan Yimian looked hesitant and hesitated: "My cousin is here. He said that the cotton rouge is sold out."

"That's a good thing, why are you unhappy?" Huo Aowu stared blankly at Ruan Yimian, as if he was trying to figure out Mao Yin Chou from his face.

Ruan Yimian felt a little embarrassed. He turned his face away, wringing his fingers and whispered: "No, I'm not unhappy, it's just..."

Seeing that he refused to say anything, Huo Aowu felt a little anxious, fearing that Jiang Qingyao might be causing trouble again. He coughed lightly and pretended to be relaxed and asked, "Is there anything that I can't tell Brother Huo?"

While speaking, he looked at Ruan Yimian without blinking.

Ruan Yimian was a little panicked by his deep eyes, and unconsciously said what was in her heart: "I want to make some more rouge to sell, but my family has no money. The money from the sale this time will be reserved for me to take medicine, and also To support family expenses..."

Selling only cotton rouge is not a long-term solution. Now that the grocery store has opened up, Ruan Yimian wants to try a few boxes of more expensive rouge.

But he regretted it as soon as he finished speaking.

Saying this is no different from asking Brother Huo to borrow money directly. Yesterday, he insisted on returning the five taels of silver to someone, and today he asked someone to borrow money because of Mian Rouge's matter. It was really shameless.

Huo Aowu breathed a sigh of relief when he heard this, as long as it was not Jiang Qingyao's business.

"It's simple. I'll lend you as much silver as you need."

Ruan Yimian knew that his brother Huo would say this. He secretly blamed himself for not being able to speak wisely and always trouble others.

"Brother Huo, you have already helped us a lot. I haven't paid off the last consultation fee and medicine yet, so I can't trouble you anymore." Ruan Yimian blamed himself when he thought of this, and his voice became a little lower.

Huo Aowu's heart tightened. He really couldn't bear to see this little brother feel sad.

He took out a banknote from his arms, pushed it in front of Ruan Yimian, and whispered: "Is twenty taels enough?"

Huo Aowu actually had twenty taels of silver notes on him! Ruan Yimian was stunned for a moment, then lowered his eyes and muttered: "My mother is right, you just came back and there are many things that need money. I shouldn't take your money anymore."

His eyebrows were drooped, and his long eyelashes covered his eyes. He looked a little pitiful. Huo Aowu squatted in front of him, slowed down his voice, and patiently said: "It's useless for me to hold this money now. I'll borrow it first." Here it is, can you just give it back to me when I need it?"

"But......"

Before he could finish speaking, Huo Aowu interrupted: "Aren't you going to come over and help me when I'm repairing the house? If I lend you money, I'll take it as a thank you, okay?"

Ruan Yimian was silent for a while.

When he didn't agree, Huo Aowu kept staring at him, as if waiting for his nod. Ruan Yimian hesitated for a long time, and finally agreed to the matter.

He gently pushed the banknote back and whispered timidly: "Five taels of silver is enough."

Huo Aowu couldn't help but curl the corners of his mouth, and the rare smile on his face made the scar on the side of his face soften a bit.

Ruan Yimian was stunned for a moment.

His elder brother Huo is actually quite handsome. He is different from the noble scholar like Jiang Qingyao. He has a wild and wild coolness. The scar on his face gave him a bit of vindictiveness, but it was not ugly. Instead, it gave him a different kind of charm.

The two of them were now close to each other. Huo Aowu's strong arm rested on the armrest of his chair, seeming to wrap around his whole body. Ruan Yimian blushed unconsciously.

He lowered his head, unaware that the man in front of him was looking at the curls on his head and the crimson earlobes, and couldn't bear to look away.