Chapter 22

Early the next morning, Jiang Qingyao brought Lin Qiu over.

Lin Qiu is about the same age as Ruan Yimian, slightly taller than Ruan Yimian, and he is also a handsome boy. He is bold and lively, always has a smile on his face, speaks a little rudely, and loves to joke with Ruan Yimian.

I don't know what Jiang Qingyao told him. This time, Lin Qiu was obviously defensive and not as close to Ruan Yimian as he was in the previous life. Throughout the morning, he only glanced at Ruan Yimian a few more times and spoke to him a few more words while looking at the rouges. The rest of the time he was silent. Ruan Yimian asked him questions, but he was not very willing. answer.

Jiang Qingyao glanced at him with a cold face, but he was still indifferent.

Even though he knew that it would take time for two people to get to know each other, and that Jiang Qingyao was so indifferent to Lin Qiu, and it was normal for Lin Qiu not to be enthusiastic about his ex-fiancé, Ruan Yimian was still a little disappointed.

He tried his best to express his kindness to Lin Qiu and talked to him diligently. Later, he took out several candies and fruits that Huo Aowu bought for him and gave them to Lin Qiu.

Perhaps because he was short-tongued, Lin Qiu finally became a little more enthusiastic about him after eating his almond milk pastry. Although he was still a little wary, he was willing to chat with Ruan Yimian.

In order to entertain Lin Qiu, the Ruan family also cooked for lunch today. This meal was of a very high standard. The rice was made from cotton rouge, the boiled white rice, and the vegetables were rare and good dishes from farmers. Needless to say, eggs and tofu. I also killed the pheasant that Huo Aowu sent the day before, and cooked it. I made chicken soup and made a wild mushroom stewed chicken.

During the dinner, Ruan Yimian and his mother kept preparing food for Lin Qiu. When they were about to leave after dinner, Ruan Yimian sent people out all the way, and specifically asked Lin Qiu when he would come again. When Lin Qiu got on the carriage, he took a step Go back three times.

Jiang Qingyao's mood was complicated. When he came here in the past, he had never been treated like this.

This time, Ruan Yimian ignored him at all and only kept talking to Lin Qiu. He felt bored and aggrieved. If Lin Qiu was not a little brother, he would have suspected that Ruan Yimian was attracted to her.

On the way back to Dongjiao Village, Jiang Qingyao's face was as dark as water, and Jiang Fu was so frightened that he didn't dare to say a word.

*

Huo Aowu came back a little late today. Not long after he sat down, Xu Qingshan came over.

He was in a hurry when he walked in: "Master, do you still want to drink tea?! That man named Jiang came to see Brother Mian again today. I heard that he had lunch at Ruan's house, and Brother Mian even made stew for him. Chicken! Xiao Liuzi could smell it and said it was very fragrant! It's probably the pheasant you sent over the day before yesterday!"

Huo Aowu tightened his grip on the teacup.

The tea cup was made of ordinary materials. It was just a pottery cup. It could not withstand his abuse. When Xu Qingshan noticed it, it had already broken into several pieces.

Huo Aowu was stunned for a moment, then casually threw the cup fragments into the dustpan aside.

Xu Qingshan looked complicated: "Is your hand okay?"

"It's okay." Huo Aowu shook off the water drops on his hands and wiped them on his body absentmindedly.

Xu Qingshan couldn't bear it anymore. He was afraid of irritating his master again, so he weighed his tone and said carefully: "Well, maybe it was Aunt Lu's idea, and it may not necessarily be Brother Mian who wants to kill the chicken for him to eat..."