Extra 3: Past life 5

On the other side, Wuyang County.

The New Year is approaching, and both Qinghe Academy and the county school have a holiday today. Students can go home and rest for a while before coming back next year.

A few days ago, Jiang Qingyao sent people to deliver betrothal gifts to Ruan's family. His marriage to Ruan Yimian had already been decided, and they were just waiting to find a date to get married.

Taking advantage of the fact that the snow had stopped and the weather was fine these days, Jiang Qingyao planned to go to Shanliu Village before going home to give Ruan Yimian some snacks and story books to pass the time during the New Year.

After the two got engaged, Ruan Yimian seemed to open up her heart and get closer to him. Jiang Qingyao was a lowly child, and after coaxing her patiently for so long, he finally got what he wanted. He wished he could marry her back immediately.

Now was the time when he fell in love with Ruan Yimian. The person who was usually indifferent now thought of taking Ruan Yiwen back with him.

Qinghe Academy started school early. After sending Jiang Fu to buy things, Jiang Qingyao took a carriage and went to wait near the county school.

The students of the county school had not yet finished school, and the concierge refused to let anyone in. Just when Jiang Qingyao was getting impatient with waiting, a dispute broke out at the door.

A man said he was here to deliver a letter and wanted to go in to find someone. The concierge said that school was about to end and asked him to wait outside. The man refused to wait, and the two argued for a while.

Jiang Fu was guarding the gate of the county school. When he heard Ruan Yiwen's name, he immediately came back and said to Jiang Qingyao: "Master, it seems that the person who delivered the letter to Ruan Xiucai was blocked outside the door."

"Oh?" Jiang Qingyao was stunned for a moment, "Call them over and I'll ask."

Jiang Fu called the man over.

Jiang Qingyao originally asked casually, but when he heard that it was a letter from the border sent by a man named Huo, his expression turned cold.

The surname is "Huo"? It must be the "Big Brother Huo" that Ruan Yimian misses so much, right? Ruan Yimian only mentioned this person once in front of him, but this time, Jiang Qingyao was deeply impressed.

They were both engaged, but Ruan Yimian still called him "Mr. Jiang". To the man surnamed Huo, he said "Brother Huo" affectionately.

When he mentioned this person, Ruan Yimian smiled, and the hint of intimacy in his expression made Jiang Qingyao feel very unhappy.

Jiang Qingyao thought for a while and said to the man who sent the letter: "I am Ruan Yiwen's friend. I am here to pick him up from school today. Please give me the letter and I will give it to him for you."

The man looked hesitant, as if he was still a little worried.

Jiang Fu stared with dissatisfaction and said: "My master is kind enough to help, what are you still worried about? Do you think a person like my master would covet your letter? What use does he need your letter for?"

The man seemed to be in a hurry. He hesitated and looked at the master and servant of the Jiang family for a few times before handing the letter to Jiang Qingyao.

After the man left, Jiang Qingyao sat in the carriage and tore open the envelope without caring.

This letter was indeed written by Ruan Yimian's "Big Brother Huo". It was short, only half a page, but it was substantial - the man named Huo actually found a doctor who could treat Ruan Yimian.