Chapter 128

As soon as Lu Caimei and Ruan Dexian returned to the village, they learned about Ruan Yiwen and Huo Aowu from the villagers.

The eldest son suddenly went from being the top scholar to a prisoner. The son-in-law was not spared either, and the younger son was about to be taken away as well. The blow was so great that Lu Caimei's vision went dark and she almost fainted.

Ruan Dexian was not much better than her. On the way home from the village entrance, his hands holding the reins were shaking, and his face had changed a lot.

When he got home, Lin Qiu set up a small stove and cooked medicine in the front yard. Lu Caimei burst into tears when she smelled the medicine.

"Is Brother Mian injured?"

Lu Caimei looked anxious, and as she spoke, she saw the scratch on Lin Qiu's hand again.

"Brother Qiu, you are injured too!" She exclaimed, holding Lin Qiu's hand.

Lin Qiu quickly said: "Mom, Brother Mian and I are fine. It's Ah Chai who was slightly injured."

While Achai was fighting with Jiang Qingyao's two boys, he was also distractedly looking at Ruan Yimian. When Lin Qiu was chasing Jiang Qingyao, he wanted to come over to help, but Jiang Qingyao's servant seized the opportunity and stabbed him.

However, he dodged in time and only made a cut. He said nothing. Ruan Yimian and Lin Qiu only found out after Jiang Qingyao and others left.

Because of this incident, Ruan Yimian felt that Jiang Qingyao was even more terrifying - not only did he break into Ruan's house, but he actually allowed his servants to hurt others. If Achai hadn't gotten out of the way, would they still want Achai's life?

In addition to Achai, Lin Qiu and Li Chun were kicked by Jiang Qingyao. They also had some bruises and abrasions on their bodies, but fortunately they were not serious.

Lu Caimei breathed a sigh of relief, but her face was still worried.

Because Jiang Qingyao, master and servant, all cooked their lunch meals. After they left, they cooked again at the beginning of spring.

Although they were anxious and had a lot of questions that they had not yet understood, Ruan Yimian was pregnant and could not be hungry, so Lu Caimei and his wife waited until they had finished eating before asking about Ruan Yiwen and Huo Aowu.

Ruan Yimian told them the whole story. Lu Caimei was so angry and anxious that she covered her face and cried bitterly.

"Don't I still know what my child's temperament is? How could it be possible for Yiwen to cheat?! Brother Mian is still pregnant with the child! How could they accuse people so unjustly? There are so many mountains and rivers all the way. They want my son. Life!"

Ruan Dexian's face was ashen and he clenched his fists tightly: "Is there any news about Mr. Wu?"

Lin Qiu shook his head: "It's only been more than half a month since we set out, and we're still on the road."

Lu Caimei looked at Ruan Dexian anxiously: "We can't let the officials capture Brother Mian! Dad, please bring the horse out quickly, and let's send Brother Mian to Dening to avoid it, right?"

"Mom, it can't be done. The imperial court has sent an imperial envoy. I can't hide there even if I go there. It will only hurt my aunt's family and you."

Ruan Yimian was angry and scared before and cried hard, but now he calmed down.

"Then what should I do? Your belly is so big, how can you bear this journey?"