-1-

1.

Kathy's pov:
The alarm sound echoed around my ears from a near distance. It was distinctly detectable to me. I slowly moved to the other side of my bed. Being all half asleep I rubbed my eyes and simultaneously looked at the clock. I froze for a little while. As few words escaped my mouth. "I'm late again!!" instantly jumping out of my bed and looking for my phone.

Finding my phone on the dressing table. With a hurry I unlocked my phone while seeing No new notifications. A feeling of being relieved captured all over my face. I should prolly get ready for work. Before my clients reach. I took my clothes out and other essential items to step inside for a relaxing shower and ease myself from an upcoming hectic day.

Half an hour later, I walked downstairs while getting all my important files from the table. "Always in a rush." Hearing the familiar voice I turned around and saw Kaira, my eyes met her green doe ones. There she is my one and only annoying younger sister. Folding her arms across her chest while glancing at me. "What do you want kai?" I questioned while turning around and arranging my files in a sequence and finding the important one's.

I felt her stepping further towards me. "A gentle reminder that something important is there tonight!" She stated as I desisted for a while. Trying to anamnesis from my subconscious mind. I looked at her. "What is it tonight?" "Jesus!" She uttered while a disappointed look captured all over her face. "Are you gonna speak up?" "Evan has an important event tonight, remember?" She spoke as I realised. "Shit I totally forgot" "I knew it." "Don't worry I'm here so I'll arrange you a perfect outfit for a perfect evening date."

I looked at her trying to control myself. "It's not what you're perceiving." "I know it's just a business party." "Chill" she spoke while smilingly handing me the important files I was probing for. "Gosh where was this?" "Without me you ain't incapable of doing anything." She stated which sounded utterly veracious. I smiled at her words while I hugged her. "Okay I gotta leave now." "What about your breakfast?" "I will have that on my way." I spoke while bidding her a goodbye. I took my car keys from the key holders and stepped out.

At the clinic, I was on my laptop typing some prescriptions to the patient. "As per your age you better follow this diet plan." "Not only will it help you to control your sugar level, but also you can reshape your body back to your 20s." I spoke as the old person chuckled. "Do you treat all your patients affably?" "It depends but as I know you should be treated differently." I spoke as both of us laughed. "You're not just a great dietitian, but also a very joyful person to talk to." He spoke as I smiled. "I will leave now." He spoke while standing up from his seat. As my physician assistant guided him out.

I sighed and looked at the time while leaning back on my chair and closing my eyes, completely relaxing myself. It has been 6 months since I've been working in this clinic. I always wanted to become a dietitian. But if I see achieving all my goals still it feels incomplete. I wish I could just get to know- I was lost in my thoughts suddenly I felt a tapped on my shoulders.

Feeling the sudden touch I instantly got started. "Omg you scared me Megan." "What can I do?" "You're zoning out again!" "Perhaps are you thinking about him?" I gulped while looking down and opening some random files and trying to distract myself. "There you go again." Clearly ignoring her questions. "Why do you always ignore me when I bring up this topic?" She spoke as I looked at her. "Are there any patients next?" She didn't respond to anything after a couple of seconds she got herself a chair and placed the chair beside me.

"As a Physician assistant and also as your best friend I've known you for more than even you know yourself." I sighed hearing her words. "It's been 8 years now. I was just a teenager. And it's common if teens fall for someone easily. Now it's not the same, he moved away to a whole new county." She was quietly hearing me. As I was about to speak further when both of us heard a knock on the door. "God, how many patients are there?" I spoke frustratedly. She gently patted my back. And walked ahead to open the door as the patient stepped inside while I suppressed a smile.