-8-

8.

I turned to look at Ryan. Realising he was presented here too. As expected I was bombarded with many questions from Evan's side. "Kathy, what is Mr Ryan doing here?" He questioned and I kept staring at Ryan. I wanted to speak but I discerned that my throat was choked and I felt like I lost my sense of speaking ability. ''I crossed paths with her at the clinic''. Ryan spoke without wasting any second as I kept hearing him.

"I saw her booking an uber." "The driver kept ditching her." "And I waited there to get my prescriptions." "Until and unless she approached me for a ride home." Hearing that, I raised my eyebrow. "And since I met her in the opening party and remembered her." "I couldn't deny, as a gentleman I safely took her here." He spoke as I pressed my lips together internally cackling on his impressive story which he narrated to Evan. This could be expected from Ryan.

"Gosh, Kathy, he is so amazing." Evan spoke, being all impressed by him. I folded my arms across my chest and glanced at Ryan. Who was smiling at Evan's behaviour. "And what's your relation with Kathy?" Ryan said as I gulped and looked at Evan. "By the way, Kathy and I are college mates." Evan stated, a small smile appeared on my face. "Let's get inside the house." "It's getting cold now." Evan said while expecting Ryan to come along with us.

He said and was about to leave. "I'm sorry I have a presentation to look for." "I will join you guys next time" he glances at me. I stood there expressionless and observed him leaving from the spot. Taking a deep breath I turned around and looked at Evan glowering at me. "Where is your car Kathy?" "In a mechanical shop." I said while walking further. And opening the entrance door of the house.

"Why did you ignore my messages earlier?" He asked while walking inside with me. "My phone died." I spoke while removing my laboratory coat. That's when Evan held my wrist as I instantly darted my eyes at him. Looking at my wrist being held by him. "Wait a sec what happened to your cheeks?" He said while freeing my wrist. I looked down trying to hide my rashes.

Fuck! Earlier there wasn't any street light out so it must not be observable to him. Now what excuse do I make? "Kathy what happened?" "Ahh it's nothing."  "Earlier in the morning I ate pineapple cookies." "I didn't realise there was pineapple mixed in the cookies." " So I had a little reaction to it." "Did you take the medications?"He said, sounding concerning. I smiled and nodded my head. "Don't worry I took the tablets."

"Anyways, you tell me why did you come here?" " What do you mean it's been a week since I saw you." I narrowed my eyes while sitting on the couch while he sat next to me giving me "what did I do?" look. "You know we usually don't see each other for weeks." " Stop acting up! And tell me what's going on?" I said while looking at him. He seemed to go silent for a moment.

As I observed his actions. His whole face seemed so tense. His demeanour was making me mystified toward him. "Hey, Evan you okay?" I said, sounding fretted for him. With a slow pace he lifted his head above and looked at me. His lips spread across his ears forming an acute smile on his face. "I have something to tell you." I looked at him with a straight face. He was about to speak. But suddenly his phone started vibrating.

I perceived him taking his phone out of his coat's pocket while looking at the screen. "Shit! What happened?" I said while looking at him. "I need to go?" Promptly he stood up from the couch and so did I, he removed his eyes from the screen and looked at me. "My dad came today from London and he is waiting in the airport." "It just utterly erased out of my mind that I needed to go and pick him up."

"Then what are you waiting for?" I said while he nodded his hand and made his way out of the house. While tittering I followed him through the exit door. Before his hands could extend towards the door knob he turned around and uttered "I have something to tell you." "Let the right moment come."He said while opening the exit door. "Okay." "Reach safely" I ejaculed out as the door shut behind him.