-15-

15.

With a glistening sight, I couldn't see who it was, my fingers made their way to my eyes while rubbing them back and forth just to wipe the tears away.

With a clear sight I looked at the person now. Instantly turning my head, I cleared my throat and said "what are you doing here Ryan?"

I could feel him bending towards me and sitting next to me.

"I was passing by here and saw you, I'm sorry." He said, as I turned my forehead in his direction he was already glancing at me. There was a complete silence between us.

I could feel his eyes were virtually trying to comfort me.

"How did it happen?"

He questioned, as I turned my gaze back at my mother's grave.

F L A S H B A C K

My phone's ringtone has been echoing around my ears. But I was trying to ignore it to my max. Until my roommate got up from her study table and picked my phone up.

"What are you doing?" "Talk to your mom." "She has been calling you for an hour."

I really don't want to-

before I could speak anything she handed me my phone while picking up the call.

"Hello Kat, are you still mad at me?" Mom spoke as I tried to calm myself.

"Are you still driving?" I questioned as she said. Yes. Hearing this, it instantly triggered me. "I told you how many times not to use the phone while driving."

"It's okay sweetie the phone is on the car mount." "Tell me, is it still raining?" I asked which she went silent.

'I told you mom, to come prior you're driving into this bad climate." "Don't worry sweetie, I will be there in 2 hours."

She said while ending the call.

As I sat onto my study table and glanced at the clock. Though dad couldn't make up for my graduation ceremony at least mom is trying....

After 2 hours, I was engrossed in my studies as my phone buzzed, leading me to getting started. I sat on my bed straight while observing the screen. It was mom. I happily picked up the call thinking she was here.

Hello.....

MOM???

P R E S E N T

"Due to a landslide her car fell off a cliff."

"And our whole life turned 90 degrees."

I said while glancing back at Ryan. His eyes showed a lot of pity and sorrow towards me. But everything was pointless.

There was a deep silence between us.

"You can leave now."

I said, hoping he would stand up from his place. Since I don't want anyone to be around me. But Instead he shifted more closer towards me. With teary eyes I looked at him.

His both fingers made their way towards my eyes gently rubbing off the tears away from me.

"All these years you have cried alone, but not anymore." "Until and unless I'm here, Kathy, I won't let you even shed a tear."

"No matter how sad or how much pain you are in." "I will alway try to comfort you either virtually or physically."

I looked into his eyes, his words and his appearance were genuinely easing my state.