-3-

3.

Making my way towards the car, instantaneously I opened the door and sat on the passenger seat. I observed through the car window Evan impulsively making his way towards this direction. Swiftly opening the door, he sat in his seat while wearing the seat belt. "It was really fun today, right?" Evan said, sounding exhilarated. I just folded my arms and looked straight while just nodding my head in a manner. "Hey, what happened?" "Since the party has ended you seem preoccupied with something?"

I snorted and turned my head slowly towards him while facing him and getting a clear look at his face. "I'm just tired." I lied. "Sure?" "Yes, "I'm just tired." "I had a rough day in the clinic." Once again I lied. "Hmm then let's go home." "Both of us have work tomorrow." He spoke while gently passing me a warm smile as I blinked my eyes.

After half an hour, We reached my place. I held my purse and moved ahead to open the door of the car. Suddenly my wrist was held by Evan, making me stop in my tracts. Turning my head towards him, my eyes perceived onto the wrist he was holding. He immediately let it free and said "I wanted to thank you for coming tonight." "Hmm, thank you won't be enough." "I need something in return." "Don't worry I will get your favourite food from your favourite restaurant okay?"

"Hmm that will work for now." I said and opened the gate of the car. While I turned and shut the door. "Get a good sleep," I said. As I was about to turn around he suddenly blurted. "Though it was hard to find this dress, I knew you were gonna look really pretty in it." Before I could acknowledge he held the steering wheel, promptly left the place.

A soft smile appeared on my face knowing it was him behind getting my favourite dress. I stepped inside the house. The lights were dimmed and as I anticipated she was asleep. I sat on the couch and restlessly closed my eyes encountering my first meeting after 8 years with Ryan. I really have a lot of questions in my head regarding him.

★★★

Ryan pov
Few hours earlier, I forced myself to get a handshake from the client standing in front of me. My eyes roamed around to the person standing next to him. Examining carefully I desisted for a moment. Neither blinking my eyes or not even bothering to speak. I was just lost in her eyes. Years of intense pain in my heart were gradually reducing. All because of her. The smile she was holding on while looking at me. Her eyes were just sparkling as they used to do 8 years back.

It brought a lot of peace to me. And once again I felt alive. Realisation hits when the cameraman flashes onto me. I broke the eye contact. And hugged the person standing in front of me to ease myself. Trying to calm my heart down which was ready to rupture any moment. Suddenly I observed her walking hastily towards me.

Remember the person I was talking abt Ry- before my client could speak Kathy cut him off. Ryan Carter. Hearing my name from the pleasant voice after 8 years. No one has called me with this much affection like how she does. Flashbacks started proceeding but I held myself with a grip. "Do you guys know each other personally or do you know Ryan because he is a famous businessman." The person spoke as Kathy smiled while locking my eyes with her dark bluish ones. "No, I don't know her." "Yes we do know each other."

We both spoke in sync. Being all befuddled she looked at me. I tried not to look at her back. It's better to stay away from my past. Suddenly my secretary proceeded towards me. Luckily I escaped from there. But I was all preoccupied with her thoughts. They were times I was stealing glances at her I could see her chit chatting with some bunch of people. It's true she is so pretty to be ignored.

But What is she doing in San Francisco? And what's her connection with my client? I had so many questions revolving around my head. Discarding all my thoughts emphatically, engrossing myself in today's event.