-19-

19.

K A T H Y

"You??" I said, totally astonished. He started to take his steps further inside as I proceeded to step back with his pace.

I was bewildered about this whole thing happening around. He walked further inside. And just stood at one place. "Uhm", I said while walking near him. He turned around and looked at me.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't be here." Yea- I said when my eyes went down onto the place he stood. i  furiously started to look at him. The thing he was standing on was bothering me so much. My potentiality gave up.

As I grabbed his drenched shirt while pushing him to the other side. I bent over to the floor and took the mat.

"God you ruined it."

I said while glaring at him.

"Oh it's about the mat." "Yeah"...

I walked towards the kitchen sink. While he followed me. The mat was totally wet and his shoes did leave the dirty footprints. My face was definitely fuming in anger and I was visible. "Go get me the detergent."

I said while turning my head towards him.

"Just go."

I yelled to which he shook up. "O- okay." "Tell me where the detergent is?"

"Look there you take a right" I said while pointing towards the restroom direction. "there is our laundry on top of the cabinet and you will find some washing powder." "Go and get them." I said as he immediately nodded and walked away.

I kept my hands on my hips while leering at the mat. "Ahh I hate this stain."

"I CAN'T FIND IT!"

Ryan howled from the laundry room. 

"What?" I howled back while turning my head just to find him standing in front of me and holding the laundry power. "Great, now quickly get it here."

I said as he handed me the power. While I took it I opened the pack and got some powder on my palm. While dripping the powder on the mat. I proceeded to clean it.

"Well I didn't know the mat was so precious to you." He said as I looked at him. "Well this mat was my mom's favourite one." I said, as his eyes saddened hearing it. "I'm sorry."

"Ryan, it's alright." I said while proceeding to clean the mat. When I sensed him stepping closer. "Uhm, give it to me I will help you." He said while gripping onto the mat edges.

NOO, I said while at most raising my voice. "Ohh. I forgot." He said while leaving the edges of the mat and stepping back. "What?"

"I forgot that you always do this." "When you see a little bit of imperfections you boss around and yell at everyone." "Noo I don't." I said while looking at him.

"You haven't changed a bit." He said while almost tittering and filling his presence of laughter inside the kitchen. As I captured every single bit of the moment. Yes, he feels like old Ryan.

...........

After hanging up my mat to dry. I proceeded my way towards the hallway. While observing Ryan quietly being seated. Out of all this, I couldn't answer why was he here?