-2-

2.

Walking inside the hall my whole eyes roamed around. I have never been to these types of parties. To a side corner there was a huge bar counter. Where waiter's were wearing aprons and neatly serving the drinks to the people who were seated on their seats. Suddenly Evan spoke, "Guys" while waving his one hand towards the table which could be his colleagues. I looked at them when he uttered "let's go, my friends are there!"

I nodded my head. Breathing in and out and walking further with Evan confidently. As we reached the table , his friends stood from their seats while gaping at us. "You're late." One of his friends said while Evan frowned, his eyebrows can't do anything, "it's because of her." I mildly pinched his arm which was held by my hand. "Ahh that hurts" he said in a very bleating manner which caused his friends to cackle at us. "Stop annoying her."

One of his friends said while Evan spoke "I won't ever stop." he glanced at me with his brown eyes, while smiling for a couple of seconds. "Anyways, I forgot to introduce her." "She is Kathy, my college friend." And he looked at me and said "kathy there are my colleagues." "John, David and our co-worker Eleanor." "Nice to meet y'all" I said while greeting them and having a warm smile on my face. As we all sat on our chairs. "So kathy what kind of work do you do?" David questioned.

"I work in a clinic as a dietitian." "Damn that's soo cool." "Not just being a dietitian you look so gorgeous." David spoke which caused me to chuckle on his words. Suddenly the bartender approached me while holding a tray in their hands which had a huge bottle of wine. He opened the bottle while pouring it into the glass. "Here ma'am." He placed the glass in front of me. Before I could speak anything.

Evan spoke "She doesn't drink alcohol." And with that he took the glass and handed it back to the bartender. "You seemed to know her a lot." Jack spoke while inquisitively glancing at him. Turning his head towards me he smiled brightly and spoke "Of course after all we know each other really well." "We can see that already." Elenor stated while the whole friend group titter at us. I suppressed my smile and looked at Evan, eyeing him what they were perceiving about us. He forcefully smiles and segues the whole conversation.

After half an hour, We all held our stomachs and guffawed out loudly. hearing all David's jokes about his relationship. "Dude your love life seems so fucked up." John spoke as we all agreed with him. "Let's not talk about mine." "Evan tell me about yours." "Did you ever like any girls from your college?" We all looked at him as Eleanor spoke. "He won't speak up." "Kathy you disclose everything."

Noo please katky don't you- i glanced at Evan and smirked. So hear me out Evan always- when suddenly my phone vibrated as i looked at the text. I stood up from my seat and spoke. "I'm sorry it's a really important call from the clinic." "I need to take it." Saying that I excused myself from there.

Picking up the call I kept my phone on my ear. Keeping my other hand on my ear I tried to detect the audio call but failed since it was all boisterous and crowded so I walked out of the hall. Standing near the parking lot. Suddenly I detected a voice on the on going call. "Hello?" I spoke while stepping back and looking at my phone screen. The call was reconnecting. I lifted my phone up to get some signal while stepping back.

That's when I bumped into something hard. Due to sudden impetus my phone slipped and fell into the ground. Without thinking further I bent down. I saw a person's hand made its way towards my phone. I perceived extensively that I could only see a side of him, not his facial structure. His long fingers mildy holding onto my phone. At a leisurely pace his hands made near to return it back. "Here!" The guy spoke, his voice sounded sweet and calm which almost reminded me.

I disregarded all my thoughts while taking my phone from him. His cold fingers moderately touch my palm. I looked at my phone and wiped all the dust from it through my fingers. Before I could look up to thank the person and see his face. I saw him leaving with a few men surrounding him. I stood straight and tried looking all I could see his back figure saunteredly heading inside the hall. I sighed, his voice was really calm. It reminded me of him. I took a deep breath and concluded to call back my senior doctor.

After a few minutes, "yes don't worry I will promptly share all the reports." I said while cutting the ongoing call. I took a deep breath when I heard my name far off being called whereas I turned around and saw Evan hastily approaching me. "Let's go Kathy" "Our New York clients came." "Ohh okay." I kept my phone back inside my purse. While Evan held my hand securely and dragged me to the hall being all excited.

Reaching in the hall I observed the whole people were circled and there were massive media with their cameras flashing on to a person. "That's him, the most successful and famous businessman of New York City." "And the one collaborating with our company." "Let's go there." Evan said while holding my hand firmly. Excusing ourselves from the people standing, as we got inside the circle.

The crowd near that person was clearing as I observed him walking towards us. Evan stepped ahead as few people were still surrounded and he greeted him. "I'm glad our company is collaborating with you." "As the director of sales and marketing we are honoured." I could hear Evan saying that from a near distance. "We are glad too." I detected the unknown person's voice. Which sounded similar to the person I unintentionally bumped.

I stepped ahead to get a clear vision of the person. My eyes landed on him. While they broadened to the sight I was perceiving. Seconds and seconds passed and I tried processing. Is it him? or I'm hallucinating. I stepped closer. To get a lucid view. Soon enough I glanced at him. Our eyes got interlocked. All I knew was it's him. It didn't take me a second to recognize him. His looks really mutated. Could see his dark brown eyes looking at me with lots of emotions. I softly smiled as soon as I passed him a smile. He broke eye contact while shaking hands with Evan.

having countless questions in my head I couldn't stop myself. It's been years and I missed him knowingly it was him who disappeared. I discarded myself from all the thoughts and stepped ahead towards them. Evan looked at me and said Remember it's him, the person I was talking about Ry- before I could let Evan complete his words I cut him off in the middle.

"Ryan Carter." I spoke while looking at him. his eyes stuck on me. The gaze he used to look at me with was utterly different now. Do you guys know each other personally or do you know Ryan because he is a famous businessman."

"No we don't know each other"
"Yes we do know each other."

We both said in sync. I raised my eyebrows being befuddled cause there he goes with his absurd personality .But did he really not recognize me or is he joking?

_____________________________________
I been sick lately, so there is procrastinating while updating with the parts. Apologize 😭
Pls y'all do vote and comment it will motivate me a lot 🥹🫶🏻