-11-

11.

K a t h y
Packing all my essential items. Now it was the toughest thing to do. To close the zip of my suitcase. I tried to press the upper part as hard as I could. But at the end I gave up and laid on the ground being all worn out. Kathy i have got you something. I could hear kaira howling out loudly.

"Kathy, where are you?" She said while entering my room. Since I was laying down and was being hedged with stuff I was imperceptible to her. "I'm here." I said waving my hand in the air.

"Bish what are you doing there?"

"Struggling", I said as she gave her hand to help me up. "Here", she handed me a few mufflers and a coat. "Keep this." "Can't you see". "I don't have any vacant space. I can't keep this inside." She sat on the ground while opening my suitcase and stuffing the muffler and coat emphatically. While closing the suitcase she sat on the bottom of my suitcase and zipped it up.

"Look, it's closed." She said and took out something from her pants pocket while taking my hand and placing it on my palm.

Extensively perceiving it was nothing but my medicines for my allergies and a few painkillers. "What is this for?" I said looking at her as she looked away and said

"Just in case you need them."

An acute smile formed over my face knowing such a caring sister I have. "When will you be back? In 7 days or more." I said as hearing me she went silent for a while. "So you will miss Christmas Eve?" "Yeah I guess." I spoke and she went silent once again. "Will you miss me?" I uttered in a very inaudible tone. "Obviously." I immediately hugged her. As she hugged me back tightly, locking me in her arms.

While I cupped her cheeks and planted a lot of kisses all over her face. "I'm gonna miss you too Kai." She tried to plunge me away. But my body didn't jerk.

"Bitch enough."

She said finally freeing herself from me. After cleaning the mess. "Come downstairs, let's order dinner and watch something on Netflix."

I stood up and decided to clean my room promptly. And with that I spend my whole night giving all my precious time to my little sister. We had dinner, watched something on Netflix. While ranting to each other about our whole day. And just like that the quiet hours of night did fill our whole house with laughter and happiness.

...

In the morning, I set up all the luggage and bags in the boot space. Shutting the door of the boot space. "Let's go Megan" I voiced over. While waiting for her to come out of my house. Impatiently glancing at my wrist, I yelled again.

"Megan came out!"

Losing my self restraint. Hastily walking inside the house. "Megan what are yo- desisting for a while perceiving the scene in front of me.

"Momma I'm gonna miss you!" Megan's son Marlon said while embracing his mom in a hug. Looking at this my heart was melting. I glanced over at kaira. It could be our first time staying apart from each other for a week. I walked over to kaira who was silently standing and observing everything.

Hugging her I tried my best not to weep. But my emotions couldn't hold on any grip. I broke the hug and spoke. "I have got you all the groceries." "Take care of the house." "Take care of Marlon until his dad doesn't pick him up after work." "And lastly, take care of yourself." I said, to which she smiled a little. "I will."

"Okay Megan let's go now." Hearing me, his son detached himself from his mother and looked at me.

"Take care of my Momma!"