-14-

14.

Will you wait for me?
Yes I will, even if it takes you decades

F L A S H B A C K

The ticking of the wall clock was piercing my ears. I immediately plucked my ears with headphones to preoccupy myself. That's when I heard my bedroom door getting open.

"I told you kaira, leave me alone."

I said while turning around. I looked at the person, It was Mom.

"They are leaving Kat." Mom said while hastily walking toward me.

"So?" "I have a pre test tomorrow." "Let me study." I said while making an excuse. I know she was standing behind me.

"I heard Mrs Carter said they won't be back until he doesn't graduate."

I opened my books and took out a pen and started to write something just to pretend that I was studying. Suddenly I heard the door getting shut, I turned around and found that she had left. I took a deep breath, when my eyes fell on my wrist. The bracelet!

I closed my eyes, but his thoughts kept on striking my mind. Debating myself whether to go or stay here. My egoistic self lost.

Speedily walked towards the exit door of my house. My fingers traced on the door knob and pushed inward to open the door, I came out of the house. Without even caring that I'm barefoot.

I saw Mrs Carter ( Ryan's mother) coming out of the house. ohh kathy you here. I took a deep breath and spoke.

"Where is Ryan?"

The first thing I asked her, as she kept a hand on my cheeks and spoke upstairs.

Thank you, Without wasting any seconds. I ran towards the upstairs. That's when my forehead bumped into something hard. Which almost led me to fall.

"Shit you okay?" I heard a familiar voice. His hands were making their way to my forehead.

I harshly shrug them away. "I thought your egoistic self won't be coming to say goodbye to me." He said while firmly holding a few boxes.

My hands reached towards him by helping him with the boxes. He looked at me and smiled.

"Will you miss me?" I Ignored his questions while walking further.

We reached towards their car as I kept the box in the boot space.

"I won't be back until 4 years."

He said while darting his eyes at me. emotionlessly i looked at him.

"So, I got to know about you leaving a week ago." "Everyone knew earlier except me?" "You hid it from me"

"Now you know", he smiled while immediately spreading his arms across. for a hug? I just stared at him. He pulled my hand towards him, while hugging me tightly.

"This is prolly gonna be our last hug until we meet again."

"I will really miss you, Ryan."