-4-

4.

We sat on the couch while chit chatting and catching up are all the conversations we missed out on this entire 8 years. I cackled while holding onto my abdomen. "By the way, how did you come here?" He spoke. When realisation hits me I'm here for some reason. "Ohh I forgot to tell you Jayce I came here from my clinic department." "You registered an appointment and did the payment but before the doctor could examine you left already." "And this is against our clinic policies."

"Wait, hold up." He suddenly stands up with widened eyes observing me. "Are you a dietitian?" "Yup" I nod. As he immediately held my hands and jumped in joy. "Kathy omg congratulations." "Your dream came true." I perceived him closely, he is still the same, the most lovable person and joyful.. Before he could step further to hug me again. We were disrupted by a familiar voice.

"Can't you stay quiet?" I was attending an important meeting. My eyes were broadened to the sight I was perceiving. He desisted for a moment while darting his eyes onto me. Meticulously making his way from the stairs he looked at Jayce and said "what is she doing here?" Oh he does remember me? I questioned myself. When Jayce exhilarated, pointed towards me. folding his arms across his broad chest he spoke, "What are you doing here kathy?" Hearing my name from him after years flattered me for a moment. My name was echoing in my ears again and again. "I called her here." Jayce said while looking at me.

He closed his eyes, reassuring me. "She is a dietitian." "And as I booked the appointment for you a few days ago you didn't show up to the clinic for that purpose she came here." Hearing Jayce, while befuddling, observing extensively at Ryan. "What happened to him?" I spoke looking at jayce. "Kathy can't you see." "He really looks weak." He stepped towards Ryan as he pointed towards his facial features.

"Look at these dark brown eyes." "They seemed so retardated." "All dark circles around them." "His whole physique is just unfit." "And it's all because of the imbalance in consumed food." "I'm perfectly fine and move away from me." He said while gently pushing Jayce away from him. Hearing him I observed Ryan. He was right, he does seem unwell. I stepped further with slow pace and I took his right hand. Gently holding them. His eyes were widened by my actions. As usual his hands were cold and stiff to be felt. Instantly he took his hand out of my hold "I'm sorry." I said while looking at him apologetically.

He looked at me with lots of emotions. I broke eye contact and tried looking the other way. "You're right he does seem physically unwell." "I need to have a talk with Ryan." "So come to the clinic tomorrow accordingly we will look into it." I said when Jayce spoke "okay he would be there." " He?" "I ain't going there." "Why not?" "I'm perfectly fine." "And I don't have time for this bullshit." "I don't need any dietitian." He spoke while stepping upstairs. My heart was slowly breaking by his harsh actions. Without wasting a second I took my bag which was laying on the couch.

And walked further. "Kathy, wait!" "Don't mind his words." Jayce said while trying to stop me. I turned around and said "I'm sorry but if he doesn't need any type of help." "I can't do anything." Kathy please wait- "it's not what you're perceiving" before I could hear of anything. shutting the exit door behind while walking ahead towards my car and harshly opening the door while sitting inside. What does he think of himself? I don't care if he doesn't need any sort of help now.

Reaching home I aggressively kicked my shoes and removed my coat while letting them fall on the floor. "Kathy" I observed kaira saunteredly walking ahead to me. "Which dress is gonna look good for prom?" I ignored her questions and buried my face on the couch, bawling out loudly holding a grip on the cushion. Clutching tightly around my fist. "Ahhh." "Kathy what happened?" "Nothing just give me space." I said while I observed kaira sitting on to the couch next to me