3

SOOBIN POV

"사촌동생한테 탐닉하지 마 수빈아. 그러면 범규가 우위를 점할 거야. 집중해야 돼. 지금이 바로 너의 시간이야." (Don't indulge your cousin, Soobin ya. Beomgyu will have the upper hand if you let him. You need to be focused. This is your time.) Mom said this as she always had. It was always a competition. 

"Darling, let him enjoy his time. He doesn't need to compete with Beomgyu," Dad said this which only caused my mother to roll her eyes. "당신은 항상 평화유지군이었어요. 그는 이것을 진지하게 받아들일 필요가 있어요. 저는 제 여동생이 저보다 더 나은 것처럼 느끼도록 하기를 거부합니다." (You always were the peacekeeper. He needs to take this seriously. I refuse to let my sister feel as if she is better than me.)

Dad sighed as he hugged me. He knew far more about the sensitive situation, but Beomgyu didn't have his father in his life. He didn't always get the luxury of saying no when our mothers got like this.

"Don't listen to your mother, Soobin. You live the way you want to while you're at the university. Okay ?" I smile as the carriage arrived. I said my final goodbyes as the coachman loaded my things into the carriage. I got in & soon enough we were on the way to Caster University. "Excited for your trip to Caster University ?", the coachman asked as I grinned. I was more than excited. 

"최범규 씨는 전에 내려주셨나요?" (Did you previously drop off a Choi Beomgyu ?), I asked wanting to know if my cousin had already arrived. I really hoped we'd be in the same dorm. Or at least the same wing of the university. The coachman smiled as he answered me. I assume he was most happy being around magical beings who knew what they were in for at the university. "I did. He was probably one of my most prepared riders except for you."

The trip was quick. Magical beings certainly liked things quick & to the point. I approached Professor Cho as she gave me my directions to my dorm after I gave her my ticket. My ticket reading: T-02. Well, before it went up in smoke. 

I followed the instructions before stopping at a door. I knocked three times. Once my knocks were completed I entered the room. I was pleased to catch Beomgyu as my cousin jumped onto me. "You're here ! You're one of my roommates !", Beomgyu said excitedly as I laughed. It felt good to know we'd still get to spend time together while we're here. 

I greeted our other roommate. "Hi. I'm Soobin. Choi Soobin." Beomgyu interjected hyper, "My cousin ! Practically my brother !" Our other roommate smiled as he introduced himself. "I'm Kai. Huening Kai." He seemed a bit shy, as well as confused as Beomgyu interjected once again. "Kai was raised human. So we'll need to help him with things around here, hyung."

I used my magic to unpack taking the bottom bunk on the right of the room. "질문이 있으면 언제든지 나한테 와, 카이야. 도와줘도 상관없어요." (Come to me always if you have questions, Kai ya. I don't mind helping.) Kai seemed to relax at this. I took notice to the two empty beds. I sighed, "Who do you think our last roommates will be ?"

Kai seemed to have no idea. Beomgyu simply sighed as he playfully said something I wasn't expecting, "Wouldn't it be fun to have a ghost or ghoul for a roommate ? How about a vampire ?" He was kidding, but I noticed Kai go pale in nervousness. I reassured him. "Beomgyu is kidding, Kai. This university is for magical beings like witches, warlocks, elves, & fairies, etc. No things like vampires or ghouls are allowed in these walls."

Bam. Bam. Bam. Three bashing knocks on the door sounded as we all watched the next roommate walk through.