8

SOOBIN POV

I would've checked on Beomgyu if Haneul didn't insist I approach the fountain next. At least I know that Beomgyu is asleep. There is nothing to fear, right ?

Soon enough I submerged my head into the water. When my eyes readjusted I was looking a a giant multicolored phoenix. "당신은 누구세요? 이곳은 어디입니까?" (Who are you ? What is this place ?) I asked this as I looked around in wonder. Was this what Beomgyu had seen ? The phoenix greeted me with a smile as he took on a more human form, "This is the spiritual realm. My name's Nix. My title is the great phoenix overlord of spirits."

Spirit realm ? How did I not know that magical beings can even manage to reach this realm through a fountain ? Had my mom ever seen this place ? I had many questions, but decided to focus. "Do you see students from the university from both branches of magic ?" 

Nix nodded as he gestured to all that was around us. It was a beautiful sight. I won't deny that. However, it still creeped me out to be in the spirit realm. "네. 가끔 양쪽 마법의 학생들이 보이는데 분수대 입구를 이용할 때만 그렇습니다. 겁낼 것 없어요, 수빈아." (Yes. I see students from both branches of magic from time to time. Only when they use the fountain entrance. You have nothing to fear, Soobin ya.)

I know Nix was trying to comfort me, but I ultimately was worried. It is only our first day at the university. Will it always been like this ? I was then handed a slice of starfruit. I was a bit confused but followed Nix' lead. I ate the fruit as I let the sweetness overcome my senses as I closed my eyes.

When my eyes opened once more I was strangely calm. As I looked down I cam to realize I was on a cloud. We were far from the spirit realm now. "What is this place ? I never knew this place existed." Nix' eyes seemed puffy as he cleared his throat. Had he cried when Beomgyu saw this place ? "This place is called Cluster... Home of the Star People. One of the first beings with a natural talent to magic & the most unknown..."

"왜요? 제가 왜 여기로 끌려왔을까요?" (Why ? Why would I be brought here of all places ?) My question was soon answered. Nix seemed almost shocked as he gave me this news. "The starfruit only works fully on Star People... It brought you to your beginning..."

Blank. Nothing. A sweet ringing was all I heard at the final moment...