13

NARRATOR POV

The five ventured outside of Caster University. Soobin glanced at the map in Yeonjun' hands. "It says we need to catch a carriage for four hours before we get to our first checkpoint..." Kai was bustling with new energy simply from being excited. Beomgyu was confused & Yeonjun glanced up as Taehyun lead the way. "You know anything about this, Taehyun ?"

They stopped at a empty road as Taehyun nodded. "그럼요? 저희 체크포인트는? 저희는 계절의 마을을 먼저 방문할 것이고요. 첫번째는 여름입니다." (What about ? Our checkpoint ? We will first visit the villages of seasons. First one up is summer.) Beomgyu was first to question how Taehyun knew all of this. "How ? How do you know that after only looking at the map once ?"

Taehyun sighed as he looked at his watch, "Believe it or not, but my father taught me many things. Just because we have an affinity for dark magic doesn't mean we are inherently evil..." Almost on cue a carriage stopped on the road. This carriage was different. It clearly wasn't meant to be this close to the university. The coachman that stepped out to greet them was from the village of summer. An elf. "Five riders ? What will be your fee ?", the coachman asked giving a smirk. 

"요금이요? 계절별 마을에 차비를 내야 한다고요?" (Fee ? We have to pay the carriages to the villages of seasons ?), Soobin asked having never knew about any of this. This was a first for all of them. Kai nudged Taehyun as he seemed to be the only one who knew how to deal with this at the moment. Taehyun reached in his bag handing the elf coachman a few peonies, "Will this be enough compensation for you, Sir ?" The elf looked shocked as well as pleased. It wasn't long before they were on their way to the village of summer. 

Taehyun made the boys crowns out of sunflowers as the others looked out the carriage windows in awe. The ride was beautiful & much slower than when they arrived for their first day at Caster University. "Put these on. The elf queen of summer would be pleased when we arrive." Taehyun told them smiling at how excited they all looked. Beomgyu quickly put his crown on asking the most important question, "여름의 요정 여왕으로부터 어떻게 클러스터 샤드를 얻을 수 있습니까?" (How are we supposed to get the cluster shard from the elf queen of summer ?)

Taehyun didn't mince words. He told them as he knew all elven queens of the seasons chose a "champion" based off of their looks. "They'll chose one of us to give the shard too based off our looks. Just be honest about why we're there & all should be fine."

Pretty soon they arrived & the elf queen of summer immediately took a shine to Kai. So he was taken on a walk while the others just looked around. "I am most honored you picked me, Your Majesty...", Kai said eliciting a warm laugh from the elven queen of summer. "왜 여기 온거에요? 저한테 원하는게 있나요?" (Why have you come here ? Is there something you want from me ?) 

Kai nodded slowly as to not come off as he was hiding something. They had a mission at stake. "My friends & I came for the Cluster Shard. We plan on bringing all the pieces together..." The queen was very pleased with Kai' honesty & lead him to the sacred tree. "Then please take the shard... I feel it would be safe in the hands of you & your friends..."

She was not wrong. The five say their farewells & now have 2 out of 6 shards acquired. What does the future  hold for them now ?