14

NARRATOR POV

"최종 클러스터 샤드가 어디에 있다고 생각하십니까? 아이디어가 떨어졌습니다." (Where do you think the final cluster shard is ? I am out of ideas.) Yeonjun sighed as he laid down in the lowcut grass next to Taehyun. Beomgyu, Kai, & Soobin laying together not that far from them. It has been over three weeks since they initially left to gather the shards. They've certainly bonded in these three weeks, as expected. They have made a small rest area.

"What do you think our families know ? Do you think they know we've been gone for three weeks ?", Kai asked a bit sadly. Coming to Caster University was a bit of a change for him, & now he wondered if his mother truly was checking up on him while he's been gone. Soobin smiled as he sat up. "카이야, 스트레스 받지 마. 너의 어머니는 권원장님과 연락을 하셨을 거야." (Kai ya, don't stress. I am sure your mother has been in contact with Headmistress Kwon.)

This didn't stop Kai from being suspicious, but it did calm his nerves a bit.  Beomgyu didn't say this to anyone in particular, but he simply said what was on his mind. "We only have one shard left to find... What do you think the shards will do when we have them all together ?" Soobin answered as he laid with his eyes closed. "Who knows ? The last shard may not be found. It isn't in any of the villages we've been to these last few weeks."

This very much was a concern, but they were hopeful. What if they did bring all the shards together ? Headmistress Kwon used a spell to call the boys. The spell made it so she appeared in a misty form. "파편은 다 찾았습니까? 언제 돌아오십니까?" (Have you found all of the shards yet ? When will you be returning ?) Yeonjun spoke up as the boys were still hopeful to find the last shard. He also was increasingly worried Headmistress Kwon wanted the shards for some sinister reason. Why else did she send five boys out to get them when no one else would've gone otherwise ? 

"We haven't found the last shard. We may return if we have no other options." Headmistress Kwon wasn't pleased with this news, but left them to it. The call ended & Taehyun laid his head in Yeonjun' lap. "Why did you tell her that ? Are you worried ?" The others were either sleeping or exploring the rest area. Yeonjun sighed as he answered, "I don't trust her. She sent five First Years to collect shards & she has no idea of what the shards could do. Or of what the shards truly are... I also feel like this is something we were all meant to do regardless."

"I feel that too. Like there is so much we still don't understand about magic...", Taehyun responded when a scream pierced the quiet air. They rushed over to the lake as Soobin was seemingly being kept under. "Soobin !"

"HYUNG !", Beomgyu yelled with all his might as the lake seemed adamant on keeping Soobin for itself. Suddenly all went calm & Soobin couldn't be seen anymore. "Where did he go ?!", Beomgyu yelled once more as Kai held him back from getting close to the lake again. 

A few moments past as they all waited for some kind of sign from Soobin. Yeonjun suggested they turn back towards their makeshift camp when they heard coughing. Soobin slowly walked out of the lake as a light caught their eyes. The last shard has been found...