20

KAI POV

"You're home ! How was the university, Kai ?", My mother enthusiastically asked as she hugged me back. I smiled as I put my photo of my adoptive father on the table as we sat down. "정말 멋졌어요, 엄마. 저는 확실히 많은 것을 배웠어요. 집에 더 오래 있었으면 좋겠어요..." (It was wonderful, mom. I certainly have learned a lot. I just wish I could stay home for longer...)

My mother smiled as she ruffled my hair affectionately. I missed this. "I am happy you're home, Kai. It sounds like you made some friends." I smiled as I filled my mom in on everything. Things were going great. 

Soon enough I went to unpack in my room. I napped for a little while when I woke up to my mother bringing me some tea. "카이야, 내가 차를 가져왔어요. 여행 때문에 많이 피곤해 보여요." (I brought you tea, Kai ya. You seem really tired from your trip.) I noticed my mother had an envelope as she gently sat my tea on my side table. "It was a lot... So much has happened in the last year, Mom. I hope one day you'll get to meet the hyungs. They really looked out for me at the university."

My mother sat beside me as she handed me the envelope. Upon closer look I could tell it was addressed to me. It resembled the letter Mom showed me before I left for the university. It is from my biological mother. I opened it & read it over. It read as follows:

Dear Kai, 

I know you must have answers, but unfortunately I can't give them to you. I know you've attended your year at Caster University. Did you enjoy it, Son ? Don't be discouraged. Just because you were raised without magic doesn't mean that your magic is less than. 

I hope we'll finally meet soon. 

With love, 

Your Mother

"몸은 어때요? 한번 만나볼래요? 카이야씨도 좋을 것 같아요." (How are you feeling ? Do you want to meet her ? I think it would be good for you, Kai ya.) I sat the envelope aside as I sipped my tea. "I'd like to meet her. Understand why she can't be my mother... Why she keeps her distance..." My mother rested her hand on my leg in a comforting way, "She has her reasons, Kai. I have no doubt that she has been keeping an eye on you & that she loves you wholeheartedly."

I yawned. Why was I still so tired ? "Lay down, Kai ya. I'll check on you in a bit. Okay ?" I did as told before I drifted back to sleep. I feel drained...