Losing My Religion Part 3

Reagan's red Audi Cabriolet had already been moved to the bottom of the driveway so we could start the ignition undetected

Reagan's red Audi Cabriolet had already been moved to the bottom of the driveway so we could start the ignition undetected. We piled in all silently wondering where the Hell the others were going to sit.

"A: It's freezing so don't you dare put the top down, and B: I spent over an hour on July's hair." Lynn set the one rule for the evening, and we were off to Hanna Lewis' house to pick up the varsity cheerleaders in our class. When we pulled up exactly when and where we pre-planned, three girls came running out to the car like it was the most thrilling adventure of their lives. Devin Scott was the only one dressed for the party. Hanna and Brooke looked like they had their sleep shirts on over their jeans.

"Amateurs." Reagan whispered before they opened the car door. Lynn and Reagan were in the front, so Devin shoved me to the middle and Hanna sat on Brooke's lap on the other side of me.

"Ladies!" Hanna shouted in excitement. "We're doing it! Have you been yet, or did you come get us first?"

"Is she drunk?" Lynn asked frankly.

"Well, she started early." Brooke answered as politely as possible. Devin just looked annoyed and kept looking out the window.

"Real smart. Strategic, Hanna." Reagan turned the music up annoyed as well.

"Whatever. It's gonna' be fun or at least I'll be fun!" Have you talked to anybody who got there yet?" Hanna continued.

"Adrian just got there. He said everyone's there, plus some." Reagan offered more politely than before. Reagan loved a party more than anybody, and on second thought could care less about being Hanna's mother.

"Ugh, Adrian." Devin's voice interrupted from the back seat.

That bitch. How dare she say his name like that. She'd do best not to say it at all!

"What's wrong with your boy, Lynn?" Is he out to kill our season? Did somebody hurt his feelings on the team, so he thought he'd take his barbies and go home?" Devin apparently had more to say.

"God you're such a bitch." I whispered half under my breath.

"What did you say, July?" Devin looked over at me letting me know she heard.