Good

I was worn out after the exam

I was worn out after the exam. When I finally woke up, it was just after dinner, and it was dark outside. I had to jump through literal hoops on my good leg to get them to let me take the final in person.

I would be off the crutches and out of this room in less than a month. I was sick of crashing midday and waking up in the evening just in time for everyone else to go out and have a life. I shifted to find the remote. As finals ended, with nothing else to study, I was looking for any distraction to occupy my mind.

The truth was, only one thing had occupied it for the last twenty-four hours, and she was the only thing I was interested in outside of these four walls. Where was she?

Surely, Lynn gave her my notes, and Keagan told her about them. I set her up to get an "A." Well, she set herself up if she just takes the note and does what I said. I couldn't believe I hadn't heard from her.

Did Lynn give her the quiz? Did she go to tutorials? Or was she back at that damn pool already?! What was the matter with me?

This had to be the four walls talking. The solitude of my bedroom had finally gotten to me, and it would only get worse with summer. The girls were all starting work.

No more study nights.

My track buddies would be starting their famous train-by-day, party-by-night combo.

Meanwhile, I was facing some post-injury psychosis after losing everything I'd worked for on the track and fixating on the only girl who does it for me. A girl I forced myself to believe I didn't want...

Psychosis. I clearly had not gotten out in a while.

I wasn't upset. Not like I was the day the knee happened. I wasn't bored, I just...

Truthfully, anytime I felt trapped, I knew it was for good reason, or let's just say I had enough ambition to push through it. I never got stuck. That's the one thing I got from my grandfather besides the car: the ability to reassess and move forward.

I had no choice with the knee, but I did have an option with how I felt. Or so I thought at the time. These four walls weren't going to have me trapped forever. I could be back to normal in no time.