High and Dry Part 2

Reagan had just begun helping herself to a cocktail when Spencer turned the corner to greet Lynn

"Thank you for coming." He approached her and hugged her tightly, then kissed her on the cheek. Charm oozing off his biceps and smile. We had barely made it to the kitchen for a drink, as in I didn't have one yet, and he had already found us.

Oh brother. Lynn's dimples were showing, and her eyes were dancing up at him.

"Reagan." Spencer nodded her way, then he looked over at me. "That one hates me. I don't know why. I try so hard to get in her good graces." He put on a show for Lynn while looking at me and speaking loud enough to make his point comedic. "She practically runs the pool, not me. Has free and total reign as your best friend, and she doesn't even thank me with your presence. That's all I ever asked her for."

I rolled my eyes and took the drink Reagan poured me. I tried not to stare when I saw Lynn whisper something in Spencer's ear. I also tried not to throw up.

A drink later, Reagan was nowhere to be found. I walked back over to Lynn, who was holding hands with Spencer and facing him while they flirted.

"Hey."

"Are you having fun July?" Spencer turned his attention to engage me in their conversation.

"Have you guys seen Reagan?"

"She's in the office having a conversation with Kane who just arrived a bit ago with..." Spencer nodded toward a group of girls from Prairie at the door. Great. One of them was the girlfriend. Lynn grabbed at my arm to pull my focus back to she and Spencer.

"Hey, Spencer said you don't have to worry about Devin anymore. Not here at the party or ever." Lynn was confident in her delivery. I looked over at Spencer, skeptical. Who made this guy the fucking Godfather?

"Trust me. She's more afraid of you now than you should ever be of her." Spencer put his hand on my shoulder protectively. What an act! I knew, 'least said best' where Devin was concerned, so I didn't look a gift horse in the mouth.

"Do you mind if I talk to her?" Spencer asked Lynn sincerely. I was so confused. Talk to who?

"Do you want me to come with?" Lynn was asking in front of me as if I wasn't standing right there.