Linger

The week back from the party had been torment and it was only Wednesday

The week back from the party had been torment and it was only Wednesday. I was glad we had escaped the news we heard of the party being broken up, as well as Mrs. Crawford's part in the prank the administration pulled on Angel. I guess when the cops came they found that Angel's car had been left there at the twin's house. His dad was privy the entire weekend. He kept it from Angel, just casually asking every once in a while, where his car was. Angel kept oddly saying a buddy borrowed it. He should have known something was up when his dad accepted that as an answer.

I was as caught up on all my assignments as I could be, and Adrian was back to business as usual, ignoring me. I didn't have anything too out of the ordinary to worry about, other than Robyn Mae's face haunting me when I replayed her vomiting next to Spencer Pearce. How unconscious she looked thrown over some dudes' shoulders as her sister helped them lead her out.

I felt guilty. We sure got over the disturbing parts of this failed party quickly. Come on. Lynn and Reagan were WASTED. That may be par for the course for Reagan on occasion, but it wasn't like Lynn. She never drank to get wasted. I guess There were a lot of things that went down that night that somehow got swept under the rug, and in Robyn's case, I needed to know if she was okay. She didn't show up to school on Monday, but I'd seen her the following days.

It was classic. She seemed withdrawn and depressed and not as dressed up as usual. I couldn't get the ordeal out of my head. My mom was still in Salt Lake. Her meetings were extended, which was great. It meant she was sourcing out to more clients, but I really needed her. I wanted to tell her about Robyn. She would know what to do.

The only good part of the party was Adrian. I don't think our friends gave him enough credit for what he did for everyone. Even though I hated him that moment for ignoring me, I had to admit his actions at the party were something I'd always admired and counted on from him.

He wasn't a designated driver that night. Sure, in the sense that he drove, so he really couldn't drink all that much, but he could have thrown caution to the wind and gotten a ride from someone. Instead, he came, rallied, and then made sure everyone we knew got home safely.

He was always responsible like that. He didn't ever take advantage of being gifted that incredible car. It's like he knew what a privilege it was to own it, so he treated being able to drive it that way.