Chapter 1

Henry Kingston walks into his office with the aura of power and charisma. His presence never failed to impress the onlookers. He has inherited beautiful facial features and worked on his body to be in perfect shape that made him stand out in a crowd.

The office is chaotic today as their boss has been awarded 'Influential young billionaire of the year' by the prestigious Success magazine.

Samson Smith, senior executive congratulated him with a huge bouquet on behalf of the entire Kingston employees. Henry took the flowers with a smile. "we are very happy and proud of you Mr Kingston". "thank you, Mr. Smith" said Henry and smiled at some employees who wished him on the way.

He got into the elevator and hit the top floor to his office. The reception to his office is well lit and designed with aesthetics. The floor is adorned by white marbles with golden veins, the extravagant furnitures, timeless wall paintings matching the white gold theme giving royal vibes to the office, the side walls has golden panels lined with a bold "Mr Kingstons office".

     He entered his office, followed by his secretary Miss Jay Jones. She read out his schedule for the day and asked his date for an interview from a renowned business channel. He gave out a date in the week, and other instructions. Working for him is not as tough as it looks if you understood how he works, all he expects is to follow his notes and update him on time, not to talk much or appear in front of him unless asked for. Henry is a man of few words so Ms.Jay took the cue to leave, she just nodded at him and disappeared to her cubicle.

In the finance floor, Mr Samson had a meeting with his department colleagues. He briefed about the quarterly budget proposal which went on for an hour and asked Miss Juliet Rozana, one of his favourite subordinates,who was scribbling on her notes to forward the minutes of the meeting to Mr Kingston's office. Her face suddenly lit up, Juliet always had an undying urge to visit the much gossiped top floor, which had a beautiful ambience custom-made as per Mr Kingston' taste. Her colleague once mentioned that to enter the top floor, you need a code approved from his office.

Miss Juliet's face fell as her dream just popped like a bubble, because the files will be sent only through office boy. She kept walking absentmindedly and her friend Chelsea, who is known for her friendly prattling with everyone in the office, stood in front of her. Julie bumped on her, 'who the...' , Chelsea laughed at Juliet, " your honourable friend".Julie did not realised that she has slipped her files in the accident. Chelsea looked confused while picking up the files from the floor. "What's up with you Julie?" She did not answer. Chelsea suddenly remembered, "You know, something?" "I wished our boss in the morning,he returned it with a ravishing smile, you won't believe I stood there like a fool for half a minute" "hey, are you even listening?" Juliet replied with a 'hmm'. Tell me why are you so upset asked Chelsea. Julie told her that she wanted to go to the top floor to check out the boss' artistic office, but not to be caught in action. Chelsea said "who doesn't want to" "wish I was this lucky office boy" said Julie.

"Do you think he can get an easy access, no he just have to deposit files in the cabin near the stairs, where his secretary picks them up later". There is no receptionist too. " oh it sounds so creepy, But why? is there any mystery? "I don't think so. He basically doesn't like people loitering around during his work hours so they have a biometric lock system to the floor and the code is changed frequently for security reasons". Julie said "Poor Secretary, all she got to see is the four walls, how boring" "And Him" winked Chelsea. "Getting to this overrated top floor and meeting our enigmatic boss is our new target". "Let's see who is lucky enough to do it first". "Deal" they laughed in unison.

On an unusual note, luck is on Julie' favour today. Mr Smith sent a mail mentioning her one-on-one meeting with "The boss" regarding the files that were sent earlier, along with the code and time of the meeting. She is dumbstruck for a minute, unable to process the contents of the mail which was in a basic language. She called Chelsea immediately to discuss this emergency. Chelsea is shocked as well, when she saw the mail herself. "Does Mr. Smith pranks you by any chance?" Julie replied "No". She checked the watch and it's only 10 minutes left for the meeting.Chelsea alerted her, "don't be late, who knows he may fire you,usually CEO' are known to be punctuality freaks" Julie started panicking.

"No no no i dont think i am helping you, sorry Julie I think he may have some clarifications on the financial statements that we have discussed earlier which you can manage to answer, ok don't be nervous, he won't eat you, come on Julie, get going, our boss is a very considerate man" she motivated her. Julie's heart throbbed with its highest strength possible anticipating the meeting with The Boss.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Note:

*Can you view the picture of Mr.Kingston' office in the header?
*This story is a pure fiction, please keep that in mind while reading, do not mind the mistakes on logics & grammar.
*Feel free to discuss about the story in comments. No Hateful & offensive comments please.
Kindly vote if you like the story.

Spread Love,
SaphyLaw.