Chapter 26

Recap

"Sir, literally I can't afford any gift for THE Henry Kingston"
"Come on Juliet, there are many valuable things out there that money can't buy" he looked at her eyes and lips intently.
Julie panicked, "Sir, okay, I will get you a meaningful gift on the celebration party, look forward to it" she smiled and ran off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Julie' apartment

Julie basked in the enchanting beauty of the diamond pendant for a long time that Henry had gifted her. The pretty blue butterfly lined by numerous diamonds sparkled even in the dimmest light. She smiled as she recalled the meaning behind the butterfly & the colour blue, she blushed thinking about Henry' words.

She took a quick shower and settled in her comfy bed. She expected the utmost comfort would engulf her once she entered her apartment. After a week of chaos, she wanted to enjoy sleeping in her own bed, but to the contrary, she kept tossing and turning that night. She did not know why, but she was missing the homy feel in her own home. All her dreams were involved with certain someone and most of them we are not pleasant.

She woke up late with the headache. She skipped breakfast and started to office. She reached the office with the grumpy face. Chelsea found Julie in her cubicle and hugged her, "Welcome back darling", all she could see was a sulking Julie holding her head.
"Woke up on the wrong side of the bed?"
When she looked up Chelsea asked, "what's up with your baggy eyes? Didn't you sleep well?" She nodded.
"Julie you have so many pending files to complete, I will get you a coffee for the headache and some cookies to boost up your energy, we will go grab lunch from your favourite cafe near our office. Until then focus only on your work. There is a lot to catch up" she smiled and left. Julie sighed and felt fortunate to have Chelsea by her side. She is her sunshine.

Henry woke up early in the excitement of going back to the office and not being dependent itself was enhancing his happiness as his dopamine was hiked. He finished his treadmill, showered and came for the breakfast in a great zeal.
Steve was so happy to see him with such a spirit. "Sir, you look like a school kid going on a picnic" Henry laughed.
"Julie get me the medicines" he called out, Steve brought the medicines organiser box, which Julie had given him last night with clear labels mentioning days and time,they were neatly segregated.
"The Miss has left this box with me last night sir"
"Oh!" was all that Henry replied. Henry finished breakfast and left for the office. His day was packed with back-to-back meetings and signing the pending approvals. Ms Jones was called back to duty and she was swamped with work.

Julie was zoning out for the umpteenth time today. Losing focus every now and then was adding to her annoyance. It's lunchtime, Chelsea pulled her to the cafe. They have ordered Julie' favourite Pad Thai noodles and chicken wings. "Julie you are over stimulated, you don't usually lag at work,what is troubling you?"
"Don't know Chels, I can't able to focus, so many intrusive thoughts are just distracting me"
"Thoughts about?"
"Mr.Kingston"
"What about him?
"I like him"
"Of course we all do"
"It has developed I guess, in the beginning till last week it was platonic and I enjoyed admiring him from afar, but I get weird thoughts these days. I don't like this"
Chelsea sighed. "Julie, you know feelings can't be controlled"
"I know, but I don't know since when these unnecessary feelings have started to grow, I hate having this feeling"
"Did he do something to kindle this emotion?
"He was just being himself, he is not just a green flag, a whole green forest. No one can stop from falling for his charm and personality. He's so handsome, his toned body, his alluring voice, the way he cares, the small details that he notices, he's chivalrous, kind, composed, witty, most importantly, he never had ego or boasted about his wealth, he don't even act like a billionaire. He is so simple, his humility, compassion, the way he respects and expressed gratitude, fascinates me. He don't have to, but he does. He is so lovable, from being a fan, I have become his stan, don't know where will it take me" Julie got so overwhelmed.
Chelsea said, "except that alluring voice and toned body, it's all same from the beginning. We were crazy like teen girls looking at their crush. We would be gushing when we look at him. There is nothing new, why do you bother?"
"Chelsea, you don't get it, praising him from far is nowhere compared to observing him that close, living under the same roof, talking to him in person, I have never imagined I would ever meet him in life, though working in his office. He is like a star, far far away,we can't reach him" she said in a sad voice.
"I should be in my limits, I don't want to get emotionally involved or attached, but his thoughts just haunts me, though it feels good, I need to stop this"
"I get it, You have to distract yourself, invest your time in work or something that would keep your mind busy. That way your feelings and strange thoughts would die down."
"Right, let me think about this Chels" they finished the lunch and came back to the office.
They have found buzzing crowd around the noticeboard. Noah came to the girls and explained, "It's about the efficiency enhancement workshop for the employees.
The fun activities, therapeutic sessions, challenges and targets to accomplish in the three days event , it will be fun and tough at the same time. By the end of the day you will be worn out.
Chels and Julie looked at each other meaningfully. "How can God answer your prayers so quickly, Julie?
"I will go seek Mr. Smith's permission" Julie glided off excitedly.
Mr Smith said "Your efficiency is at par or i should say excellent, why do you have to go?"
"Sir, I need a breath of fresh air, please let me go"
"Let me remind you it is going to be challenging and no gadgets allowed. It is also a digital detox workshop"
Julie did not budge "Sir I am in" said confidently.

"Alright, if you insist, I will give your name to Senior Kingstons office.

THE WHAT?!?!?!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~