Chapter 17

This early update is dedicated to @rzmonikayahoocom

Julie was little surprised at Henry's abnormal behaviour with her. He was never a flirty type and then she realised the reason. She remembered what the doctor had mentioned earlier about the symptoms of the drug. His brain activity was tempered by the drugs, his sexual desire would be aroused by the raging hormones. But the commendable part was that though he was turned on he did not misbehave or force her at any point. He stood in his limit and had control over his behaviour. He did not make her feel uncomfortable.

Julie, then refreshed and gone down for dinner. "What would you like to have miss?" Mr. Steve asked with a pleasant smile. "Mr. Steve, you have stuffed me for next two days in one lunch meal, can I have some juice for dinner please?" "Haha, it was just a moderate meal" "You Are joking, you served us a five course meal, I ate so much, and haven't tasted such food in my life. The colours, the flavours you had infused in it were so appealing. I really really devoured it, my heartfelt thanks to you, Mr. Steve" "My pleasures Miss. I hardly make such dishes to the master, his schedule was always busy, food was his least priority. But he enjoys good food. I don't get to use my potential much. The days like today just fills my heart, as I cooked him a hearty meal"

Julie looked at him in awe. If there was something valuable beyond the money you pay for someone, it's their love and loyalty. It shows the generous personality of the employer.
"Julyyyyy.." Henry's anguished voice startled them. She ran at once to his bedroom and found him on the toilet floor. Steve and Ben followed her. "Mr Kingston" she called out repeatedly, his lower body was trembling vigourously. Ben said "Let's take him to the bed,Julie call the doctor immediately, I think it's an emergency, he is losing his consciousness"
The doctor and Mr Smith already reached the penthouse for the discussion so when Julie called, they rushed up immediately. Julie informed the same to Mr Ben and rubbed Henry's foot for warmth.

The doctor examined him and stated "it's a seizure, we have to ascertain the cause that triggered this. To detect the neuro muscular abnormalities, an EMG has to be performed. Let's shift him to the hospital" no one objected to it realising the emergency and Mr Kingston's health has to be prioritised.

Henry had been shifted to a hospital and various tests were performed. The doctor assured them that he will be alright, but his recovery will be lagged.

Once the results were out, they found fresh traces of dope, another illegal drug. Everyone was horrified at this shocking revelation by the doctor.

"That's impossible, he didn't eat anything for more than five hours" Julie confirmed.
"What about his lunch?"
"Not in that, we both had, home made by Mr Steve, he only drank water during his workout in the evening. I am very sure, not from his food or his drink" the doctor kept thinking.
"So, maybe some external source" Everyone closely observed the doctor. "Maybe perfume, body wash, lotion something that has been applied on the skin" he murmured to himself. He examined his skin, smelled his palms, forearm.

He took out the magnifying glass and scrutinised his body carefully. "Ah!" he tapped his foot. "Can you see the rashes in here?" He asked. "Yes, but Dr why he is not conscious it?" Mr Smith asked in distress. "He is in the Postictal period, which is after the active portion of seizure, that is typically a period of confusion, before a normal level of consciousness returns. It varies from 15 minutes to an hour. He may feel headache, speech difficulty, abnormal behaviour, so I have infused sedation dose for his comfort"

"Dr is he out of danger? When shall we discharge him?" "In few hours, we will run a physical examination when he's up from his sedation, let's decide then"

They all sat in the lounge and discussed on how he got himself into another terrible episode. Mr Smith asked Ben "is there any suspicious activity around Mr Kingston lately? Is someone targeting him? Like business vengeance or personal?"
"I have asked Danny to investigate deeply into this matter, an accident don't happen 2 times to the same person, I too feel that someone is after him"
"I don't know how can anyone hold grudge on Henry and probably hurt him?" Mr. Smith's sighed worriedly.
"He was taking shower when I got down for dinner, thats when he had this discomfort, we should look out from there" Julie suggested.

The doctor, then detected that there is mobility issue in his lower limbs. He called everyone inside, he enquired Henry about the cause for his collapse. Henry told him that when he had tingling sensation in his feet after shower, he added some bath salt to warm water and dipped his feet inside, just then he felt the unease and called out for Juliet.

The doctor informed him, "It was contaminated with high contents of dope, the nerve damage has caused the seizure. Due to that your lower limb functionality has been cramped"
"what do you mean exactly Dr?" asked Ben. "He's paralysed..but partially and temporarily". Mr Smith cannot take it, he quickly walked out, Ben and Steve gone behind to hold him. Julie closed her eyes to recover from the shock.

"Dr. How quickly can we bring him back on his foot?"
"It depends on how active he keeps himself. Let's start with massages and move on to physiotherapy along with medicines"

Henry closed his eyes and the nurse turned off the lights. The doctor walked out, while Julie caught up to him and asked hesitantly, "Dr will he be perfectly alright? We are all upset as we have admired him as the able leader adorning the CEO position, his Majesty, his commanding aura are his assets. He is the root of the entire Kingston empire, we can't imagine him in a wheelchair"
"Julie, I understand as I told it's temporary. With treatment, he will recover in no time. But his mental health has to be on check. Never let him down. It is equally important for his speedy recovery"

Early in the morning, Henry was discharged. Ben, Steve and Henry's chauffeur Mason shifted him to his bed.

Julie went straight to the washroom and took out all the toiletries. She checked the labels, all were from same brand, but nothing seemed suspicious. Anyways, she took pictures, packed everything and sent them to the doctor through Ben for clinical analysis. She requested Steve to restock the toilet with his usual products.

Mr. Smith hesitantly asked Henry, "what do we do with today's presentation?" Henry remained silent. Julie came with water and medicines. She took a sip and tasted it. "Sir, I think, the water is clean, still you shall drink it after 10 minutes. I might get reaction by then, if spiked.
Ben asked, "how can you be so reckless what if it is poisoned?"
"Poison?!? I did not think to that extreme, but if my time has come, no one can stop it. Also, better be me in that spot than Mr Kingston, I am a no one but his life is more valuable. He is responsible for so many employees and their livelihood."
"Every life is equally valuable Julie" Mr Smith intervened.
"Exactly" Henry agreed. After giving a thought, Henry announced "Today Juliet is presenting the Kingston Corporation's Convention Center proposal in the State organised 'Strategic Planning Meet" Everyone looked at him with a shocked expression.
"NOOOOO!!!!!!" Julie ran screaming.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Notes:

* Any guesses, who do you think is going to present the proposal?
* Leave comments and hit the star if you like the chapter👍🏻

Spread Love,
SaphyLaw