Chapter 23

This chapter is dedicated to my dear active reader @Holly4520,
And lovely readers @PrincessChareCaboDig and
@Autumn871593 for liking ⭐️ every single chapter.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Recap

Ryan kept observing them smiling, using soft tones with each other, Henry being comfortable with her proximity.
"When have you started liking company man?
"What do you mean?" Henry asked in confusion.
"Remember, how you don't let anyone on the entire floor in your office building while you were working? Now look at you"
"What?"
"She is in your bedroom, you don't let her out of your sight, You're so whipped man" Ryan smirked.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You're talking nonsense Ryan, it's an important agreement to be drafted and signed tonight."
Ryan looked around, searching for something.
"What?" Henry asked impatiently.
"Looking for Logic!" he laughed. Henry glared at him.
"Henry, she can work from anywhere, what difference will it make if she sits within your vision, do you think her productivity will increase if she look at her handsome Boss?" He joked.
"Very funny, I think you won't wait until I kick you out" he pointed to the direction of the door.
Ryan raised his hands in surrender. "Alright alright, let's celebrate your recovery"

Ryan got up to bring glasses and alcohol from the minibar. Steve came in with fruit juice and salads. "Man, how are you doing?" Ryan enquired Steve.
" good sir!" he smiled and left. Ryan added ice cubes and offered to Henry.

"Mr Kingston!" Julie's alarming voice came from the balcony. Both of them looked at her. Julie walked in and offered fruit juice to Henry, "Sir your drink is here." Henry realised and took the glass with a smile.
Julie responded Ryan' unvoiced question, "Mr Kingston cannot take alcohol until he recovers" in a stubborn voice.
Ryan was surprised at her daring personality. None of Henry's staffs have ever talked in front of him or for him.
Ryan felt like testing her limits. "Lady, relax, can't you see he's completely fine, a glass of wine is not going to make a big deal" Ryan winked and took the juice and gave the wine glass to Henry.

      She snatched and put the glass back on the table. She has folded her hands and stood in front of Henry.
Henry is amused at their banter.
"Hey, you are being overly dramatic, just get off, who the hell are you to stop me?"
"Sir please no" Julie kindly responded in a low voice though she was fuming inside.
Ryan tried to force the drink by gently shoving her away.
Julie lost her cool, she pushed Ryan's hands, holding the drink and dialled emergency number from the intercom.
"Hey girl are you crazy?" Ryan shouted.
Ben and his men came running.

"Mr. Ben, please escort this gentleman out of this house, he was trying to hurt Mr Kingston.
"What?!?!? We Are friends for decades" Ryan whined.
"Sir, it is not about your friendship, it's about his health, he had been through so much for the past few days, so please"
Ben looked at Henry confusedly but he smiled in return.
Ryan held Henry's hand and said "come with me"
"Sir but.." Julie was worried and looked at Henry.
" I'm not going to eat him up okay?"
Henry gestured it's okay to Julie.
She did not know what kind of a friend is this person. After Lisa' betrayal, Julie was very skeptical about people.

Ryan took him to the balcony, "Dude, Who.is.She.?"
"My Secretary" Henry replied casually.
"Are you sure she isn't your personal bodyguard? What kind of a secretary does all this?"
"Why did you push her buttons?" Henry asked curiously.
"I have seen people took orders from you, and haven't talked back, you would be in command, but she is different. She is so defensive of you. Just look at her prying eyes, looking at me like a hawk. In a blink of an eye, she would throw me to the ground if I lay a finger on you. She is definitely a keeper. Now I understood why you look at her like that"
"Like what?"
"You know what I mean! okay, I am running out of time I should leave before she throws me out" He laughed.

Julie was relaxed once he was out of the house.
"Sir, you did not stop him when he forced you, you must have known him well, but did I over react or stepped out of line?"
"No, that's okay, he is kind of impulsive, but very good friend of mine"
"The events of the past few days have made us all so vigilant, especially when we slipped at this damn bath salt episode, I should have been more watchful."
"Come on, Miss Secretary, no one can touch me when you are on guard" he stated jokingly to relax her, but he knew that she was serious about it.

Henry had ordered an extravagant dinner for six guests that night. The dinner was set on the table and Henry called out Smith, Julie, Ben, Mason and Steve to join him. Everyone looked at each other in confusion.
"Please be my guest and take your seats"
They all sat in silence.
"This is to honour you all who stood by me in my tough times, saved me from disgrace, looked after me like your own, protected me like a knight in shining armour, covered me even when you were bashed by my grandfather. You haven't see me just as an employer but cared like a family member. I would like to acknowledge your love and affection by treating you for dinner tonight and express my gratitude and respect for the efforts you all had put in to bring me back to good health, Thank You!" Henry smiled.
I would also like to gift you a company sponsored vacation, take your family members, after all spending quality time with loved ones would be the ultimate happiness"
"But that's not necessary Mr Kingston"
"No Mr Smith, I know you have all been with me through the day and night. It was not part of the job, you don't need to stay back, also no one asked you to, but you all chose to, choose Me.
I feel privileged to have loyal and affectionate people around me to back me up and hold me when I'm down, it warms my heart.
I felt like I have to give you all something in return as a token of gratitude so I thought a vacation will do"
They all smiled and thanked him.

One thing I'm curious about was what were you thinking when I was sick? What made you stay with me?"
Smith said "I wanted you to be fit"
Ben said "I wanted to protect you from the blind attacks"
Steve, "I wanted your good health back"
Mason(chauffeur) "I wanted your safety"
Julie said "I wanted you to quickly recover and come back to the office with the same aura and inspire us as you always do"
Henry smiled happily, "thank you for your kind words, let's enjoy the dinner"
The food was delicious, they all relished it.

After dinner, Henry slumped on the couch. Smith and Julie noticed his scrunched up eyes and alarmed at his discomfort.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~