Chapter 10

Henry proposed a toast and raised his glass, everyone joined him. He had a quick talk with the guests and came sat next to Lisa. "How are you enjoying this evening?" She smiled and asked him to come with her to a place. He was confused, "where are you taking me Lisa?" "shh lets talk in a more private place" she took him in the elevator and led him to a suite room. "The place is too crowded there, just relax, do you like to have a drink?" "why not" replied Henry.

     "Where is Ryan I can't reach him?"asked  Lisa while pouring the drink for both of them that she has arranged. "He is camping in the northern mountains, he's off for a week" "Oh man, he's on digital detox?" "Hmm if you wanna put it that way" he laughed. She doesn't want to pry on their inside stories.

     When they both started drinking Lisa got a call, she excused herself and picked the call. It was the call from the jewellery brand whom she had recently signed endorsement with "Miss Hudson, tomorrow we are launching the D-Day collection in the Royale fashion week, the voice in your portion has a glitch, the chief is not happy with the outcome, he's asking for a retake". Lisa lost her cool, she turned back to Henry, who is refilling his glass. She had plans of spending good time with him tonight. Also, she cannot rebel with the agency as she has endorsed with a renowned luxury brand, even her agreement clauses wouldn't support her if she refused to work on call. She can meet Henry later, but the agency won't spare her. With a heavy heart, she replied that she would be there in an hour.

     Lisa came back with a gloomy face, Henry asked "what's wrong?" She sighed "call from the agency for a final retouch on  the ad" "but why that sad face?" asked Henry. "I wished to spend a nice time here with you but this call has ruined everything" she said dejectedly. "We shall meet for dinner sometime soon" she added. He smiled and waved her a goodbye.

     Henry walked to the balcony for some fresh air. Suddenly, he felt like choking and his knees gave up. His whole body felt weird, started trembling, not in his control. He took out his phone,dialled Mr Smith' number and managed to say "Need...doc.tor.." he swallowed & felt difficulty in speaking. "Mr Kingston what's wrong? I am on my way" there was no reply from the other end, Smith panicked, sweat formed on his forehead, "Henry, Henry, can you hear me?" The anxiety in his voice kept rising, he signalled Julie, who was a few feet away to come over, "Call Ben immediately" she dialled his number without any questions, sensing the urgency in his voice. "Hello, Mr. Ben.." Smith took her phone and gave his to her, asked her to keep the line connected & said "keep talking, say that we are coming, ask him to hold on" Julie looked at the screen confusedly and saw who it was. Mr. Kingston's name displayed on the phone and she did as she was told.

     Mr Smith talked on the other line to security officer, Mr. Ben "Liam, where is Henry? It's an emergency, he needs medical help", "5th floor,room 505" he replied quickly. Mr. Smith instructed him to bring a doctor immediately, with that, he disconnected the call and asked Julie if there was any response. She shook her head in denial. They got to the elevator and hit the fifth floor, Smith kept saying "Henry, please hold on I am coming,you are going to be okay" hoping that he would hear him. They both rushed into the room and found him on the floor.

     Smith took Henry's head and placed on his lap, he tapped his cheeks, Henry opened his eyes for a split second and closed it at once like he was sleep deprived. He asked Julie to bring some water. He spilled on his face,again a mild reaction and then he passed out. Julie asked, "sir shall we take him to the bed?" "yes, yes, of course" Mr Smith replied, as if he got back to his senses. They both lifted Henry and placed him on the bed.

     Mr. Ben and the doctor came exactly at the moment. The doctor asked "what happened?" Julie responded, "Sir called for help, but when we rushed here, he's not being responsive, so none of us knew what actually happened to him"

     The doctor checked for his pulse and did other examinations. Suddenly, Henry sat upright, pushed the doctor vigourously. He held his head and let out a terrible scream, a cry of pain that made everyone flinch. He started running frantically, the doctor asked the others to stop him. After much efforts they put him to bed.

     The doctor turned around and asked "Is he into substance?" Three of them were shell shocked, Smith responded "you mean drugs? Never! he has very clean habits" "if you are so sure then his food or drink must have been spiked, unless we take a clinical test, We can't be sure of anything, but his symptoms are so strong for drug overdose and his body is extremely reactive"

     Mr Smith held doctor's hand and said, "Doctor please save him" the doctor replied, "he is not in any grave danger now, but the treatment needs to be started at once before it's too late" The colour on Mr Smith's face drained and he slumped on the bed.

     Mr. Ben asked "what is too late? "There are cases of death, if left untreated." Smith intervened anxiously "Dr please start your procedure immediately. We can't risk it. What are you waiting for?" The doctor said "then we need to admit him in the hospital, put him on IV, take his urine samples, certain other tests to ascertain the severity of the dosage". Ben and Smith shouted "Noo" "Dr can we treat him privately?"asked Ben. "But why?" "There are two big risks, one, we can't let this leak to media. They would tarnish his image with all the fake and rubbish assumptions and it will be a biggest setback. Next is equally dangerous" They both exchanged a glance and said "Senior Kingston his grandfather. He is a modern Day dictator" finished Mr.Ben.

     There was this one question in everyone's mind "so what are we going to do?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Notes:

*What are your thoughts about this chapter?
*Leave a comment or vote to notify me that you have liked the story so far.
*If anyone wants a quick update tell me in the comments, i would speed up my process & post the next chapter.

Spread Love,
SaphyLaw