Chapter 24

Recap

Henry hosting the dinner
"Thank you for your kind words, let's enjoy the dinner"
The food was delicious, they all relished it.

     After dinner, Henry slumped on the couch. Smith and Julie noticed his scrunched up eyes and alarmed at his discomfort.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Sensing his discomfort, Julie asked Henry, "Mr Kingston, what's wrong?"
Henry replied "I feel cramps in my stomach, I think I must have ate quickly."
"Sir, why don't we stroll outside?"
"Yes, a small walk would ease up your cramp" Smith agreed.
Ben brought the walking cane from the kit sent by the doctor and asked him to take it for support.

     Julie took water bottle and put on her shoes. They walked along the river and settled on the bay. The soft breeze on the shore caressed their face and lightened up their mood.

     Julie asked, "Sir why were you so emotional at the dinner?"
"Actually it was so new to me being so vulnerable and to care by the staffs, but they never behaved like one. It was still surprising to me"
"But it was not surprising to me at all, don't you think they all reflected the same way you treat them? Sir, have you ever lashed out at them? Been arrogant or ruthless with them? Even though they are your employees, you have always been kind and respectful towards them, that's what they give you in return.
I was only three years in Kingston but all of them are decades old, they stay with you because of the comfort of working here. I had seen pure sincerity in everyone when you were sick. They were all worried and literally ran from pillar to post in protecting you at all cost and your reputation by keeping this from media"

     "But why did You chose to stay?" Henry wanted to know the reason.

     "After seeing your condition in the hotel room, I cannot leave. Do you remember giving guest lecture in our university? I have been your ardent fan since then. You are my celebrity crush, I have always admired you. You walk into the office, with the aura of a majestic lion, beautifying the CEO throne, tackling every crisis with a snap of a finger, you were one step ahead of all our collective ideas, your unmatchable wit and precision has inspired many of us. Mr Smith, once rightly said, Henry is an interesting business man, just like his mother. If you observe him, you cannot stop admiring his working style (reference chap.6) I could not agree more.

     You were always incisive and sharp but the drug just corrupted your entire system. Mr Smith and Mr Ben were clueless that night, I had been with kids of similar issues, so I decided to stay beside you to help you heal faster, also the barbaric treatment methods on you(handcuffs) just haunted me, that intensified my decision to stay back and assist you while you recover"

"Wow, you make me feel great, but what exactly is a celebrity crush?" Henry asked curiously.
"You wish them only happiness, love them for who they are, respect their choices and admire them from afar" she said as if she was explaining a beautiful feeling.
"Just hold on to me" Henry said.
"Sir?"
"I may fly off in pride" he joked.
She hit his shoulder playfully and realised she shouldn't have done that, "Sorry Mr Kingston"
"Juliet stop being so formal, we haven't come here as a Boss and Secretary, you can call me Henry"
Julie raised her eyebrows and looked at him speechless.
"Should I kiss you to knock you back to senses?"he laughed.
The butterflies in her stomach frantically flying around her body. She turned away to hide her blush.
He came around and smiled at her "You glow brighter when you blush" he complimented her.
"Tell me, the mere mention of kiss could make you blush hard what if..."
"Sir!" Julie shut his mouth with one hand and scrunched her face and closed her ear with the other hand.
Henry kissed her palm and looked at her expression.
Julie did not expect his sudden stunt, her eyes popped out and she could feel the heat rushing up to her face in an instant, to escape his teasing, she ran off from him.
"Julie where are you going?" Henry called out.
"Catch me if You can" Henry got his massive adrenaline rush in excitement when she challenged him. His sportive spirit skyrocketed, beating his limited limb function.

     He chased and lifted her by waist while she was running. His legs were not strong enough to hold her weight, they lost balance and fell on the grass. Julie started laughing as they fell. He could not stop himself from admiring her face so close. The laugh, the beautiful blue eyes, the warmth, added to that,her proximity ignited his desire to kiss her.
He held her face gently in his palms, blown the hair covering her eyes and his focus shifted to her lips.
Julie could feel her heart racing, looking at his handsome face. The myriad of emotion just confused her whether she should enjoy or stop him.
His unwavering focus on her lips has made her so anxious, making her eyes go wide, her blinking has doubled.
"Juliet stop doing that" Henry said in a raspy tone. She gave him a puzzled look.

     He came closer, she could feel his breath on her face, she held her breath and closed her eyes. The tension was so evident in her face. He closely watched her mixed response and smiled at her innocence.

     He gently shook her to open her eyes, "As much as I wanted to continue, I do not want to take advantage of you, but.." he softly brushed her lower lip with his thumb and said "so irresistible" he sighed.

     "Shall we get back home?" He stood up and helped her up. Julie did not expect this, she did not know whether she was relieved to escape from his clutches or disappointed that he did not continue what he started.

     She shook her head to clear her mind and followed him.

     "Sir!" Julie squealed. Henry looked at the reason for Julie's excitement. She found the bike point near the Cross roads. Anyone can use the bikes for free and drop it in any bike point around the city.
It was so long that both of them had taken a bike ride.
"Sir can you ride a bike?" She was skeptical at his ability to pedal because he has not regained his complete strength in his legs.

     Henry thought for a second and said "let's give it a try"
She learnt that he really loves challenges.

     They took their bikes and started riding on the bike lane. Julie always cherish the little moments in life that makes her happy, like riding bikes, reading books, playing with kids, enjoying a nice weather, eating desserts. She smiled widely,when it started to drizzle.
Henry stopped his bike in the shade while Julie turned around and called, "Sir, you are missing out the real fun come on"
"What fun?" Henry asked.
"Just feel the drizzle on your face while riding the bike it will make you feel light and happy"
Henry had not gone out in rain much, so he could not understand her thrill.
In few minutes, Henry realised what she meant.
"It did feel nice and serene" Henry stated.
"That's nature's magic"

     They have almost reached the penthouse when Henry felt little tired. His heart felt full yet light.
Julie took the bikes and dropped it in the nearby point. They reached the house,Julie took his medicines and turned around to find a shirtless Henry.

     Her jaw dropped and stood there like a deer caught in headlights. His toned muscles, the perfect V just wrecked havoc in her body. She averted her gaze when Henry approached her. She hit the wall when he put his hands on either side of her face and caged her.
Julie's heartbeat accelerated. Henry bent down to her level and whispered "Your lower lip is quivering in cold, I think you too need to take your shirt off" holding the hem of her shirt.
Julie found his face dangerously close to her cheeks, so she closed her eyes.
Henry lips and nose, brushing her ears,he asked "Or do you want me to warm you up in My Way?

  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~