Chapter 20

This early update is dedicated to @tanyashetty

Henry pointed his gun towards Lisa's head. She froze on her spot, though her entire body was shivering and went cold. Ben, Smith and Steve stood in a corner and made no move.

"Henry What the hell? Are you crazy? Put the revolver down, RIGHT NOW!" Senior Kingston, still commanding him, thinking that he was that obedient little boy, who follows his words without a word. "AARRGGHH! Shut up! No one speaks a word unless I ask you to, got it?" Henry howled.
Sr Kingston was taken aback at Henry' ungracious behaviour.
"And you, make a move and you are dead!" he pointed at Lisa.
"July? July?" he called out. No one had any clue of what he is saying.
Steve whispered, "I think he's calling the Miss"
"Who? Julie?"Smith murmured. He took out his phone and recorded the scene and sent to Julie and Chelsea.

When they were worried about Julie's whereabouts, he asked Paul, he told Smith that he saw Julie and Chelsea got off in a taxi outside the venue.

Smith also sent all the findings about Lisa. He sent a text, "Julie, we have found the culprit, you should come out clean of all the allegations against you, you need not stay away when you have been falsely accused. What had happened to you was immoral. Now with all the reports, you have to prove that you are not that person who he had labelled with so many mean words. Please come Julie"

Henry was extremely aggressive, he turned towards Sr Kingston, "In all these years have I ever disrespected you? Even after all that you have put me through? Have I ever behaved like a Casanova or in any undignified way? When have you become so unreasonable? Kingston men had neither acted on impulse nor accused someone without investigation or solid evidence.
My behaviour had never been 'derogatory'. I have not been trained to neglect work for any 'despicable reasons', he highlighted the words used by Sr Kingston. "Who filled your head with all the filthy details? Oh, that's so obvious isn't it?" he glared at Lisa.
He screamed at his grandfather with so much annoyance and pressure,"Do you know why I was pushed to survive on a wheelchair now?
Do you know I was forced to sit at home from attending the prestigious State Organised Planning Meet?
Don't you think I don't realise the setback and backlash we would face due to my absence to this meeting?
Can you imagine I was gravely battling with my health for the past few days?
July bring all my medical records"
Mr. Ben connected his phone to the office printer quickly and selected Danny's investigation report, food safety report and lab analysis report of the adulterated bath products and clicked PRINT. Ben brought the medical files.
"Where is July?" Henry asked, Ben replied "Mr Kingston, here are the files you have asked for" along with the medical files, he added the freshly printed documents and gave it to Henry.
Henry glanced the files and said "I have been waiting for this solid evidence"
Henry thrown the files on the table in front of Sr Kingston. The old man read it completely and understood Lisa's true colours and how she had cooked up stories related to Henry's health.

"But where is July?" questioned Henry. The dead silence in the room irked Henry more. "Is she even in the house?" Ben shook his head.
"Steve did she say anything? When will she return?"
"The Miss shall not return" Steve responded.
"Why?" he shouted.
"Because she was Fired sir!"

SNAP!!

Henry's brimming anger erupted like volcano, he threw objects, pushed the cabinets, his limb dysfunction had hampered his movements, which added to his frustration. Smith called Julie to come immediately as Henry aggression was getting vigorous every passing second.

Henry screamed at his grandfather, "Who the f*ck are you to take sole decisions on the company when I am still alive? I am just on a wheelchair, not dead yet. Though you have rights on the company, you still have to consult the CEO, the least inform me before making changes in the company affairs."

"Don't you all think that such important matters have to be brought to my knowledge?" He tapped the table impatiently. They have all put their heads down.
"Ben get me the footage of this incident" Ben opened the laptop and selected the specific footage. The video started playing when Julie came down smiling, Mr Smith asked her to leave with Mason and when they were ready to leave, they stood shocked seeing Sr Kingston. As Julie greeted him, he had started shouting.
Henry increased the volume and re-played his grandfathers outrage. The video played again, with each accusation, Henry's displeasure kept rising. Exactly when he tossed the cash on her teary face, he lost it, he shut the laptop with force.

There was this certain someone standing outside the office, listening to everything with tears.

Henry spoke in a controlled voice, "Philip Kingston is a great man, who inspires me, who I look up to, with great respect, had never taken a hasty decision on suspicion. How could you say all this? Wh*re, liar, swindler, vixen, sl*t and what not? She is nothing but innocent.
Do you know why everyone stood silent on your intolerance accusation and ruthless behaviour? They were all trying to protect me. Their intention was to save me from unnecessary defamation. How could you be so mean and disrespectful towards them?"

He took out his gun, "Ben play that video again" said Henry. Now he focused on someone who stood by the door and enjoying with evil smile, while senior Kingston was yelling at Julie. He zoomed in when Julie left, Lisa waved goodbye with a satisfactory smile.

"Tonight, I am planning to pull the trigger at someone, any guesses?" He tapped the gun on Lisa's jaw. Chill ran down her spine, when his focus turned on to her. When she did not respond, he roared "You dammit!"
He punched the glass table, making it shattered into million pieces.
Blood started dripping from his hand, he ignored it and pointed the gun on Lisa's head.

Julie who witnessed every thing from outside his office came running and knelt between Henry and Lisa. In such a soft voice, "Mr Kingston, there's blood in your hand, is the cut deep? can you show me?" She asked expectantly, she tried to distract him, if he placed his hand in her palm, she could take the gun away slowly.
She thought he fell for it when he moved his hand, but he retreated, "Stay out of this" he said sternly. "okay okay Mr Kingston"

Everyone was nervous when Julie came in between while he had gun in his hand.
She thought again and took out something from her bag, "Sir, I have got you something, so so special, very beautiful, Precious and Priceless"
"What is it?" He asked curiously.
"A trade-off?" She opened her palms, asking the gun in exchange. He took a brief glance at Lisa and gave the revolver reluctantly. He gave a meaningful look at Ben, pointing to Lisa and he gestured okay in response.

Henry opened the gift and burst into tears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Hit the star at the end of the chapter if you liked it👍🏻