Chapter 2

Julie garnered all her confidence and made it to the top floor.Her undying interest of exploring the top floor, her deal with Chelsea all has jumped out the window and her mind is clogged with how to turn back and run away from this meeting.The nervousness is killing her, still, she punched the code and waited for the door to open.   

     The door opened to a grand scene like a historical movie, the jaw dropping Julie stood there in awe, looking at the white wall to floor marble with golden streaks, screaming richness.The shimmering chandelier adds royalty to the multimillionaire's office. Julie thought this place is not overrated, no doubt, the boss has a great sense of taste in decor, looking at the embellishments of this floor. The architects have used various centuries' notable architectural styles.

     Miss Jay walked out of her cubicle and informed Julie that the boss has been waiting at his office for the meeting

     Miss Jay walked out of her cubicle and informed Julie that the boss has been waiting at his office for the meeting.The anxiety started creeping inside her.She took a deep breath and knocked on his door.

A strong manly voice said "Get in"

A strong manly voice said "Get in". She took a long breath and entered. "Good evening Mr Kingston, I am Juliet Rozana from Finance". He was in his 3 piece grey suit from what brand who knows or custom made by the ace designer "xx or zz". He had that invisible aura like a spell, everything about him speaks class & dignity. Watching him this close make her admire him even more, just by his mere presence in this lavish office, she can understand his inevitable reputation in the business world. He smiled gently and motioned her to sit.He was flipping the pages from the file. She was expecting some deep financial questions for which she has been rehearsing the meeting that held earlier.

"How long have you been working here?" That's out of the syllabus, reminded her mind. She blinked twice and twitched her bros.Her brain is buffering at the odd time today.He waited for her to calculate and respond.He turned to his laptop and with a few clicks, he replied "two & a 1/2 years with six months of internship". She managed to nod her head.She could not understand the purpose of this meeting yet. "So working for the Kingstons, your salary is not sufficient to meet your basic needs?" he paused, "so that roughly translates you are not happy working here?" " what the f.. "she stopped mid sentence realising what she said to the boss, " I am sorry Mr Kingston" she covered her mouth in embarrassment. When did I tell all this thought Julie. She don't like the way, the conversation is taking, getting a bad vibe that she's going to be fired today. Her palms getting damp out of panic, suddenly she felt the air around her getting hot, "Mr Kingston, this is definitely a big misunderstanding, I completely love my job, I have always given my best for the company and I don't have any complains about my pay, I am happy working here, please change your mind" she said in one breath. She knows that she has blabbered without thinking, as her mind is trying to bring out events related to her displeasure in working for the company, but came up with nothing then why does he thinks that I am not happy working here. How does her day turned out this horrible suddenly?

     Her forehead starts to perspirate as if she  had run a marathon, so is her heart beat.Henry observed her for a minute and gave her some time to collect her thoughts and relax. He offered her a glass of water, sensing her anxiety. She drank it quickly and placed the glass on the table.

Henry stood up and walked around, immediately she started getting up, he ushered her to sit and talked in a gentle voice, "Miss...?" "Juliet Rozana sir" "yes Ms Rozana relax, we are not discussing your termination here today".

     "Alright if I am not wrong, are you the one referred by senior professor Mr Hemsworth himself from Stanford?" I nodded. "Interesting" "Why finance?" Julie said "Sir, I have a great liking for financial mathematics, i believe a trading or any business can be managed by applying mathematical formulas and theories to solve the financial complications, taking up calculative risks, drawing out fiscal policies, marketing & data analysis for better insight into any business proposals for capitalising & investment decisions". Discussing about her area of expertise, is a cakewalk for her.He sensed her passion for Finance.

     Out of nowhere, he asked "are you into sketching?" " Mr Kingston?" " you heard it right, Ms Rozana". She replied in a doubtful voice "I do when I am bored" he raised his eyebrows on her reply. To her utter shock, he asked "what is your favourite lingerie brand?" she choked on her own saliva, she was baffled to give any reply."If we know,it would be easy to allocate funds and salary accordingly". She was sitting there like watching Korean drama without subtitles. To her rescue,there was a knock and his secretary entered, reminding him about the virtual meeting that has been scheduled.He asked her to connect the call, "okay Miss Rozana, you may leave, always double check a file before forwarding". She rushed out in a swish as if escaped from the lion's den.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Note:
What do you think about the length of the chapters?
This is a fiction, do not mind the mistakes on logics & grammar. I welcome you to discuss about the story, characters in the comments. Lets say no to Hateful & offensive comments.
Kindly vote if you like the story.
Spread Love,
SaphyLaw.