Chapter 8

Julie was smiling all the way down to her cabin. Chelsea,who was waiting for her, asked whether they can leave as it already half past 5. Julie kept looking at her hand and smiling. Chelsea, just pulled her hand to see what was there that making her smile like crazy. She jerked her hand away and said "An iconic hand shook it, let me enjoy the tingling till it lasts" "Who?" asked Chelsea. "The CEO of Kingston Corp, Mr. Henry Kingston" she said in a dramatic way. "Not once, but twice" Chelsea had a surprised look."T.e.l.l.m.e. every thing, Julie". The girls were talking all the way back home. They both lived few blocks away, so they bid goodbye and walked to their homes.

Julie came home, took off her work clothes, refreshed and changed to pjs. She was in a great mood, so thought to cook any of her favourite dishes. She checked the refrigerator for the available ingredients. she took out chicken thighs, broccoli and cherry tomatoes. After marinating the chicken with spices, she kept it aside. She washed the veggies and started cutting them. Once she prepped every thing, she had put it in the oven and sat in the kitchen stool, reminiscing the delightful memories of the day. Her mind kept repeating 'The Kingston recruitments never fails to pick the smart ones' she beamed with pride, so he chose to overlook my mistakes and acknowledge my performance, I may not be the best one, but I can and I should fine tune my potential and upgrade my knowledge, decided Julie.

The oven beep broke her reverie, she can smell the aroma everywhere, she removed the baking tray from the oven, it looked delicious. She served it in a plate and enjoyed every bit of it. She doesn't know whether it is the food thats really flavourful or it's her mind, because whenever the mind is happy, the brain choose to look at the sunny side of everything. What so ever her heart felt full. Appreciation from the boss himself, just made her day. She was grateful for what she has been blessed with.

Henry's penthouse

     Henry came home, exhausted

Henry came home, exhausted. His driver carried his bag, bouquet and the hamper, he left it on the living room table. He looked at the flowers and called Lisa to thank her. "Hello Henry" she exclaimed. "Hi, Lisa thank you for the flowers" "did you try the goodies? Those are handmade, I got it from Afghan last week, when I went for a schedule,you should try it" " Oh, I just returned from the office, I will definitely see, thanks again" " I am not gonna go down with just a thanks" she whined. " what do you want then?" "Ah ha I'm not naming anything" Henry thought for a moment and asked "ok will you be my guest for the company' employees party this Saturday?" "Wow sure, I will be your date for the evening,byee" she disconnected the call before he could say anything.

Henry opened the hamper and saw organic bath bars, moisturisers, essential oils and such stuffs. He also found herbal drink sachets, he asked his cook Steve to make him a sample drink from the pack."I am already full, just give me in a taster glass". He climbed up to his room and took a shower, put on his tracks and came down. His drink was ready, Mr Steve served him the hot drink, he took a sip and the taste was a mixture of various flavours. It was very strong. While he was about to take the next sip, his phone rang. Senior Kingston, his grandpa was on the line, he walked to his office and continued talking for about 10 minutes. He yawned and took the stairs to his bedroom, forgetting about the drink.

He walked out to his balcony and looked at his treadmill, he used to run for 30 minutes, almost every day but today surprisingly, he felt too drowsy.He hit the bed in no time but he couldn't sleep well that night. He felt a strange discomfort in his body, he woke up distressed,he skipped breakfast. He thought it must be some indigestion, it would be better if I eat when I feel fine.

Kingston corporation

Julie is all fresh and chirpy. She entered Mr. Smith's office. "good morning Mr Smith" she said in a happy tone. He nodded with a smile, "Sir, I would like to read more about the projects that are similar to the one we have discussed, where will I get resources?""our record room would definitely help you. It is well stocked" "ok sir I have finished the reports you have asked for. Shall I take leave now?" "take your employee ID for the access to record room" "thank you Mr. Smith".

When Julie came to her seat, everyone was excitedly chatting about the upcoming employees party, Chelsea was explaining to an intern about the decor, food,entertainment,also about the gifts they will be receiving that day. Julie took her notes and ID, informed Chelsea and left.

Julie was astonished when she entered the record room, she was expecting it to be a store room with racks and racks of unorganised files, papers and documents. But she was wrong, it looked like a premium library designed exclusively for elites. She has started looking for construction related projects, she found report copies from various other companies too. There was a section for government projects as well. It took her almost an hour to get all the files she needed for that day. She sat with the pile of documents and reports.

Julie saw some shadow inside the restricted access cabin. Then she started focusing on her work. She kept four files opened around her and drawn a comparative analysis. She was too engrossed in her work that she doesn't realise that the person from the restricted cabin stood beside her and observing her analysis. He then walked off to pick the newspaper. Julie was alerted when someone wished "good morning Mr Kingston" she instantly stood up and looked around. He was a few feet away. He looked at her when she jerked up. She greeted him, he barely acknowledged it, his face was grim, he took the newspaper and left the record room. It was strange,Julie thought. The record room incharge murmured "The boss definitely is in a bad mood. He neither greeted nor smiled at anyone today so unlike him. Something must be wrong."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Notes

*What do you think is wrong with Mr.Kingston?
*Leave a message if you are looking for an update
*Do you like the chapter? kindly leave a comment & hit the star.

Spread Love
SaphyLaw