Chapter 25

Special mention to @MarthaGibson731 for liking every chapter👍🏻

Recap

     Julie took his medicines and turned around to find a shirtless Henry.

     Her jaw dropped and stood there like a deer caught in headlights. His toned muscles, the perfect V just wrecked havoc in her body. She averted her gaze when Henry approached her. She hit the wall when he put his hands on either side of her face and caged her.
Julie's heartbeat accelerated. Henry bent down to her level and whispered "Your lower lip is quivering in cold, I think you too need to take your shirt off" holding the hem of her shirt.
Julie found his face dangerously close to her cheeks, so she closed her eyes.
Henry lips and nose brushing her ears,he asked "Or do you want me to warm you up in My Way?

     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     Julie put her cold hands on his chest and pushed him. Henry moaned in response, but did not budge. Julie's ears flared, the fire in the pit of her stomach has kindled a different emotion in her.
His breath fanned her ears that tickled her. " Mr. Kingston, let me go" she mumbled while fighting her burning desire. His intense look at her lips, made her nervous, but the other part of her was excited which she did not like to acknowledge.
"your lips are so tempting" he said in his deep voice.
"Mr. Kingston!" hardly any voice came out. He sighed and came closer to her lips, "call me Henry, if you want me to stop, all you have to do is just say Henry stop it" he teased.
He looked into her face, she shook her head.
"Wow, you are so desperate for The Kiss?"He held her face and Julie was waiting for the kiss.
Henry laughed, "Juliet I do not want to kiss, unless you ask for it, you have always tagged me as a gentleman, I wanted to live up to the reputation".
Julie's excitement bubble just burst like a water balloon. She could feel the colour draining from her face. She did not know why she feel dejected when she should feel only relaxed as he had released her.
He took his towel to take a shower. "Why that PokerFace?" He asked amusingly. She smiled, hiding her annoyance and walked to the door, "Gentleman reputation, my foot!"she murmured to herself.
Henry could not contain his laugh, he was having the time of his life, teasing her.
"Did you say something?"
"Nothing just wished you good night Mr Kingston" she gave an extra stress to his name. Henry guffawed.

     Julie could not sleep well that night thinking about her near kiss experience with her Boss. Something about that kept disturbing her. To add fire to her annoyance, she realised that she had wet dreams. Though the faces in her dreams were not clear, she felt it was not right. She decided to go back to her apartment.

     When she knocked and entered Henry's bedroom, he was jogging on the treadmill, making her happy about his recovery and feeling right about her decision to leave. "Good morning Miss Secretary" Henry's voice was chirpy.
Julie was about to inform him that she would be leaving today, he got a phone call, "Yes!" "when?" Henry's anxious voice said it's not any good news.
"Is there any casualties?" "speed up the rescue, I will get back to you soon, send me live updates and videos" he disconnected and dialled someone else, "Hello grandpa"
"Yes, there was a massive ground collapse in Siberian mine, contact the minister for additional rescue supplies until our other teams arrive"
"I cannot travel"
"That's fine, I will arrange".
The whole day Henry was on the phone and directing people for quick rescue. Julie returned to her room and continued with her office works that was sent to her through the mail. There were lot of pending works.

    That evening, when the mining issue was settled, with no casualties, only then Henry could relax.
Julie thought it's time to inform him. She entered his office, "Sir,..."
" Ah Juliet, can you check the mail for the quotation price from Stanley Works recent mail?"
She gave out the details, "Sir, there is a new mail"
"Open it"
Julie's jaw dropped, she squealed in excitement. Henry was puzzled at her reaction "what's the happy news?"
"Sir, you have been named the United Nations Goodwill Ambassador" she screamed.
Henry walked around and read the whole mail. In happiness, Julie hugged him tightly and congratulated him. Julie was so loud that Steve and Ben came to check on her.

     They were extremely happy about the great news. Julie did not realised that she was still holding on to his waist, she stepped back in realisation. Henry said, "I won't mind you can hold" he winked.
Julie recalled how Mr Smith was worried about Henry getting spiked at the time of naming the ambassadors.

     Mr. Smith came home with a bouquet, "when you achieve something, my happiness knows no bounds, I am overwhelmed"
When he got emotional, Henry hugged him. Smith would be reminded about Elena Kingston at such situations, whose death had a big impact in his mind. He had always wished her a long life to witness the stars her son has been adding up to his cap.

     Henry said "I have never been around my father, thank you for being with me."Smith pattered Henry's shoulder and left with a warm smile. Julie have also felt father vibes around Mr Smith. Henry told Julie, "He would have been an amazing father if he had kids"

     Post dinner, Julie found Henry in the balcony, looking at the city lost in thoughts.

    "Mr Kingston, now that you have recovered, I would like to go back to my apartment" Henry looked at her absentmindedly.
"Sir, I said I am leaving tonight" he slowly nodded his head and asked her to wait.

     Henry walked to his closet and came back with a beautiful box in his hand. He gave it to her, "this is again a token of gratitude for what you have done"
"Sir, I don't want anything, I was already content that I have been of some use to you and to be at your service. I have always looked at you from a far, liked your working style. To be around great minds and great people itself is a gift, I am grateful for the life lessons learnt in these few days. You have been kind and respectful towards me, stood up to your grandfather.
You may be a Kingston yet you are still simple, modest, considerate towards the people who work for you. I am proud about being your fan. The UN has chosen the perfect person as their goodwill ambassador"
"Juliet why do you portray me as an extraordinary human being?"
"Sir, I'm not joking"
"Alright I wish you take this gift" he offered again.
She got it out of respect and opened it.
She gasped on looking at the most stunning piece of jewellery(a pendant).

"Magnificent" she said in awe.
Henry stated, "you always remind me of a fluttering butterfly running around the house and when I was to choose the colour, all I could think of, was your mesmerising  blue eyes."
"Customised for me?" She closed her mouth in disbelief.
The message on the cards, said
"July fly high"
Julie loved the precious gift so much.

     They both received an invite from company's official mail. "We cordially invite you to the celebration party for Mr Kingston as he has been appointed as United Nations goodwill ambassador. Let's join together to congratulate him"

     Julie smiled at him, "My heartfelt congratulations Mr Kingston"
"Actually, I don't mind receiving gifts" he pulled her leg.
"Sir, literally I can't afford any gift for THE Henry Kingston"
"Come on Juliet, there are many valuable things out there that money can't buy" he looked at her eyes and lips intently.
Julie panicked, "Sir, okay, I will get you a meaningful gift on the celebration party, look forward to it" she smiled and ran off.

       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~