Chapter 15

"Congratulations Miss Secretary" Henry shook hands with Julie. Once again, his eyes landed on her bruises. It was so unlike him, hurting someone physically, did not go well with him.

     Julie can sense the guilt in his gesture, so she thought to lighten up the mood, asking him, "Sir, what was your nickname when you were young?"
Inadvertently, he caressed her bruised hand and gone back in time.
"My mother used to call me Hennie" he smiled.
"I could not pronounce R in my toddler age, so I call myself 'Henie', that's how my mom ended up, calling me that" he giggled.

     It was so evident that he misses his mom, "she would be home for dinner, every single day, that will be the happiest time of the day for both of us. Sharing how her day went at work and my day at school was our routine. One day I was waiting for her, but she never returned" he paused.

     The pain in his voice just choked Julie. She could not contain her tears thinking about the trauma of the eight-year-old boy. All she could see was a stranded boy who lost his only parent, in such a young age. She hugged his arm tightly.

     They both did not notice that someone has entered the room and cleared the throat only then they realised they were holding each other.
"Woah Lisa, my heart missed a beat" Henry wailed. He released Julie' hand. She too took off the heat pad and sat straight.

     Lisa observed the scratches and bruises on Julie's forearm. She ignored her displeasure and focused on Henry. She asked, "you must have been very busy" She gave a reproachful side glance at Julie "because I knocked twice, also, you did not pick up my calls"
"Mr Kingston was bit down from last night, so he was resting" Julie answered.
"And you are?" Lisa asked skeptically.
"She is my Secretary" he smirked at Julie. She suppressed her smile and turned aside knowing that he is teasing her.

     Lisa did not miss their small exchange. She clearly observed everything. Both of them answering for each other and those hand holdings, stealthy glances. Is there something going on between them? she contemplated.

     "So?" Lisa looked at Julie. She got the cue and stood up "I would wait outside" Henry intervened, "that's not necessary, nothing personal you can stay"
Lisa was clearly annoyed, but she managed to say "of course" in a sarcastic tone.
"Anyways, I need to make a call, I will ask Mr Steve to send you some juice" she smiled and left the room.
Lisa was like why do I get 'she owns this place' vibe? She shook off the thought and turned back to talk with Henry.

     Julie came down and dialled Chelsea' number, "I am going to flush you in the toilet if you ever disappear like that again, where have you been you idiot?" Chelsea barked from the other end. Julie laughed at her friend.
"Hello to you too, How was it possible to flush me in the toilet, Chels? Don't you think I will get stuck in the middle?"
"Stop the shit and tell me what happened right now?" She yelled.
Julie realised that it was dangerous to push her buttons further.
She explained everything to her and said it's confidential.
"Mr Kingston's honour will be at stake if any of this leaked" she warned her.
"Also Mr Smith is stressed that Mr Kingston has become a hapless victim of this bizarre situation, exactly when his name has been in consideration for the appointment of Ambassadors."
"Julie, I have immense respect for our boss. You can trust me. My lips are sealed"
Julie said "I have two favours to ask from you, one you need to get to my apartment with the spare key,fetch me some work & casual clothes, undergarments and also my toiletries.
I will ask Mr Ben to collect it."

     "Next one is extremely important. You have to search for certain records that I need right now, you have to send me asap. One thing you have to remember is that you have to do it diligently and keep it under your hat. I want you to not poke Senior Kingston's attention in anyway while looking for the details.
Just make sure to work off his radar" she gave out the details of the task.

     "Chels, one more thing, I don't think Mr Kingston and Lisa are a thing"
"How do you say that?"
"It's so obvious Chels, Mr. Kingston is so formal with her and said that there is nothing personal between them, he never cared about my presence when she came like she was some random friend.
Also I did not find that excitement in him on seeing her. That spark, the enthusiasm of meeting your favourite person, You know what I mean right?"
"Yes, I get it, but what about her?"
"I wouldn't say the same thing for her, she definitely has some interest in him if I'm not wrong, she is trying to get his attention for quite some time sending flowers,gifts, meeting him. I don't know why but I actually did not get a good vibe from her today"

    "Julie, I still could not imagine Lisa as a bitch just yet, let's overlook Lisa and focus on Mr Kingstons recovery for now."
"You are right Chels, start working on the assignment, the sooner, the better"
"you can count on me, Julie" "ok bye" they disconnected the call.

     Julie got the details to access Mr Kingstons official mail from Mr Smith. She had gone through all the unread mails and few read mails to learn how they used to respond to various mails. She studied their pattern.

     Lisa kept on prying him with questions. Henry dodged some questions involving his last night sickness. Lisa's doubt intensified when he avoided her questions.

     She noticed the scratches on his neck and wrist. Only then her brain cells connected the dots. The purpose of handcuffs, chain locks clicked her. What?!?!?
She could not believe that Henry was involved in BDSM. Like how??? why???
Lisa could not control her disappointment and anger.
She lifted his wrist and questioned "what fake explanation are you gonna give me for this mark Henry?" with an accusing tone.
The moment she said that, the beast in him was let loose.
Henry's booming voice was audible to the whole house "who the f*ck are you to question me? You thought you can boss me around and have all the right to dominate me? as I did not object when you walked into my house and with no manners entered my bedroom without my consent?"
Lisa was speechless, seeing his brimming rage.

     Julie guessed the emergency so she quickly filled a bowl with ice cubes and water. She ran to his room and wanted to stop him before any of them end up getting hurt.
"Get the hell out of here, before I throw you out like a trash" Henry roared at Lisa when Julie entered. Julie quietly placed the bowl on the side table and took two ice cubes on each palm and held his palms saying "Sir Relax" in a hushed tone.

     The sudden chillness diverted him, he closed his eyes and craned his neck towards the ceiling to let the coldness of the ice melt his rising temper.

     Julie looked at Lisa and whispered "please leave" Lisa gave a scornful look when she left, it was difficult for her to comprehend how Julie pacified him and controlled his temper in a second just by holding his hands.
Her bitterness and envy on Julie increased multifold. She is not the type who let go of any insult that easily.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

* The votes are quite encouraging. Just let me know your thoughts about this chapter in the comments.

Spread Love,
SaphyLaw