Chapter 12

Julie turned the phone screen towards Smith and Ben with a shaky hand "Grandfather" they both felt like they were hit by lightening. Ben facepalmed but Smith recovered quickly and whispered, "say he is in an important meeting, will call you later" Julie took a deep breath, "hello sir, Mr Kingston is in an important meeting, he will  ......" "with whom?" he asked in a strict tone. Julie did not prepare for this, but in two seconds she came up with an answer. "With the officials regarding the new government project sir"
"Oh! And Who are you? What are you doing at this odd hours?" " Sir,I am here to get his signature in few important documents that has to be sent immediately" she can feel her voice was getting shaky and the nervousness was choking her up. "I asked Who. Are. You?" he barked.
Julie felt the chill run down her spine from his tone. "I am..." she paused thinking, still thinking and something got flashed in her mind, she said "his secretary, Juliet Rozana" she breathed out, feeling proud for dodging the last question skilfully. But do you think facing senior Kingston is an easy challenge? Never. He asked, "where is Jones?" Julie was Shell Shocked,she didn't expected him to be so informed with details. " she.. she is on.. on leave, medical leave" she stuttered. She feared she would be caught. "Oh, alright i will call him back" he ended the call without waiting for her response.

     Julie stood in shock even after the call has been cut. Smith and Ben came near her and waited for her to say something "Was he convinced?" " I wish" she replied. She alerted Mr Smith to inform Jones to take few days off. He shook her hands and pattered her for managing Senior Kingston for the time being. "tomorrow first thing in the morning, I will serve you a transfer notice for working as his secretary until further notice".

     The doctor called them and explained "I have administered mild dosage to minimise the symptoms, but you cannot expect a quick improvement. You still have to be alert for any emergencies. When he becomes extremely aggressive, divert him, like cold exposure, it increases the production of a neurotransmitter that results in improving the calmness and supports in stabilising the anxiety. Any non-harmful shock therapy can be used to bring him back to senses.

     The doctor took out certain devices and mentioned that these are safety devices to be used when he is uncontrollable, just in case. He glanced at Julie and continued, he may experience raging hormones and his behaviour may turn arrogant and forceful, you shall use stun guns. Everyone gasped. Don't get frightened, it is a 100 Volt no risk gun, just to give a momentary shock from any extremities.

     Usually stun guns are 25,000 to 30,000 volts, but this is not. He may look calm but turn violent in the next moment so we have to put restraining cuffs for hands and ankle. Thus it won't be a trouble for the nurse to tend him.

     Chain locks can also be used if necessary. He gave other instructions to nurse and asked for an update every one hour. Julie asked the doctor for files of similar case history to read so they would understand his condition better. The doctor agreed to send them. He then left with Ben.

     Mr Smith looked at Henry's sleeping form for a long time and walked off to the balcony. Julie found him still nervous, so she held his hand and made him sit on the sofa. She murmured "Sir,he is going to be okay".  She haven't seen him like this, she had a feeling that something else is bothering him. "Mr Smith, the doctor is monitoring him and the treatment has also been initiated, please stop worrying, he will be alright"

    He just closed his eyes, held his forehead and let out a sigh. " sir, please tell me what's wrong"

     After a minute of silence like he took time to recollect his thoughts, "You know, Henry was just two years old when he lost his father. It was a very unfortunate day, James was visiting an under construction site, discussing with the supervisors, suddenly a pillar collapsed and a big block fell on him that took his life.

     Elena, Henry's mother was just 26 when she was forced to take over the company. Senior Kingston had no other option than to push Elena into this corporate world. He always believes 'only the strongest will evolve from the toughest situations' so his training would be ruthless. But Elena was a determinant and a smart woman, she learnt quickly and proved her worth. She was working tirelessly for years having too much on her shoulders.

     After few years, on that fateful evening, a client had hosted a party in one of the small islands in the Pacific for the company executives. Elena and other female colleagues took a walk in the beach and came back for dinner. Then she started feeling discomfort. She informed something stung her foot in the beach which she ignored then, but it developed a big allergic patches on her foot and it started swelling. Soon she had difficulty in breathing and her lower body become paralysed. It took time for us to seek medical help from the island.

     The Journey to the hospital was most dreadful, the agony she had undergone both physically and mentally was unfathomable. The pain, the struggle, the fears, the longing in her eyes were still fresh in my mind. All she had in her life was her son, she wanted to live for him, so she fought for her dear life, but before the treatment could kickstart it was too late. It was respiratory failure due to the sea urchin toxicity. It was not a random stung back at the beach, but a venomous sea urchin that took her life.

     I could still remember Elena's last words, "Sam do you think I will make it?" That just broke my heart, but I still managed to reply her, "of course, you will Elena, who is going to lead Henry to great heights?" "neither I nor anyone needs to, it runs in his blood Sam, all I need to see is Henry beautifying the throne like James did" She smiled with tears running down her eyes.

     Such a kind and considerate woman who did not see the life to the fullest, but wanted to live a little while until she hands over the tumbled down crown to the righteous owner.

     The grace and dignity with which she carried herself all her life will never be forgotten.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Does anyone felt that life is so unfair to purest of souls?
*Who needs double update? Let me know in the comments
*Click the star at the end of the page if you like this story

Spread Love
SaphyLaw