Chapter 4

Hi-Roam club

     The night lights in the club is all neon, it is clearly setting up party mood.I was in no mood for clubbing when they came to pick me up, but now that blues are fading away slowly once I set foot on the club.Hi-roam club is usually less crowded as it is not in the downtown, with light music and entertainment activities.

     Chelsea ordered, "2 tequila" for us, "martini for you Noah?" "Yeah to start with" he chuckled. " you're not definitely getting drunk tonight" " why not?" asked Noah. " forgot our bet? You Are supposed to win me in the pool game"reminded Julie. " that is why exactly he is trying to get drunk and escape from embarrassment" joked Chelsea.

     Julie basically challenges herself to win games based on strategy and precision.She outplays Noah most of the times, it was actually the reason why Chelsea and Noah wanted to bring Julie here tonight,to take her mind off of the issue she is magnifying unnecessarily.They knew she makes sure she does her job flawlessly, so she's not questioned at by anyone as she has set an excessively high personal standards and overly critical self evaluation, she cannot satiate her own mind that is constantly nagging her for slipping from her biggest trait of being a perfectionist.

     They took few shots and got to the pool room.They have started off well and it's a tie game where Noah is equally competitive, people started gathering around and took sides to cheer them.

     On the side of the club, Lisa Hudson, a known name in showbiz, walked in her knee length bodycon and ankle strap heels.She hugged Ryan and Henry in the private glass lounge, with a view of the entertainment activities happening in the Hi roam club downstairs.Ryan and Lisa are colleagues in the new ad project, so he invited her for a drink.Henry and Ryan are friends from high school.

     "Hey Lisa, this is Henry Kings.." "stop it Ryan, who doesn't know him, the most influential young & handsome billionaire leading the prestigious Kingston empire"She winked. Henry laughed aloud seeing Ryan' face. "Sorry, my friend I didn't intend to pop your pumpkin sized ego but"he laughed again. "Just shut up man."
" Lisa, what do you like to have?" Ryan asked "Anything" said Lisa, looking at the pool game from the glass. Henry and Lisa started talking about random stuffs where Ryan was keen on the game. "I bet this girl is gonna lose, but she was leading initially, the other two averted their gaze to the game.The boys like betting, Henry, who occasionally got a glimpse of the game knew she is a Calculative player. Ryan had his bet on Noah who is on the lead now, still Henry felt the girl would score against him, sensing her game tactics. Noah lost his turn in foul, she executed a skilful jump shot and won the game. Ryan screamed "it's a foul"Henry explained, "watch out man, not all jump shots are foul. She struck the cue ball down into the table, causing it to bounce. If only you scoop it up with a cue, It's a foul".

     Ryan took out a stack of currency and thrust in Henry's hand, Lisa and Henry cannot stop laughing at Ryan's poker face.

     "Julie, you are amazing" Chelsea congratulated her.Noah is also happy that Julie's focus has changed.Alcohol has started kicking in for Julie and she has wanted to use the loo.She came out and walked past men's washroom while walking she corrected her hair, looking at the glass door.Henry walked out and both of them or dumbstruck at their proximity.Up close Mr.Kingston looked ethereal & his scent was intoxicating. Julie was in a dreamy state not knowing either the drink or Mr.Kingston' effect, Henry asked "Are you stalking me Miss?" Julie cleared her head, all day she was trying to apologise for the past incident, but shocked at his new accusation. Why would I stalk my boss I am no fool."Mr Kingston I don't get it" "According to security records,Two unsuccessful attempts to enter my office and one attempt of checking out my car in the parking now you are here,
What do you call this?" Julie could not help but curse her fate for giving her a double blow "sir you are mistaken I.." she was cut off by Lisa "Hey there, you sexy player" Julie was like "the what?" She didnt know what to respond to this ambiguous remark, Henry gave a puzzled look on Lisa's comment. Lisa, laughing at their expression, said she's the one that just made a chaos in the pool game and earned him a fortune in the bet against Ryan.

     Henry could not believe that both women were same. He mentally compared their dresses,their physical features and concluded they are same. Julie couldn't be more happy, knowing that her boss had won a bet on her game.Before they could say anything Lisa waved goodbye to Julie and pulled Henry to the lounge.

     Julie returned to the booth thinking deeply where her friends were busy discussing something,upon seeing her face, they asked what's up. She explained the meeting with the boss and his new accusation he had on her about stalking him. They both face palmed at once.

     Chelsea said "we thought it would be a diversion if you play pool, but you got into next trouble, definitely your luck is playing a dirty game on you".she added "if it's too serious boss would call you for an explanation. That way you could get a chance to explain yourself, you don't have to stalk him anymore." Julie cringed at the word "stalking".She never intended to do that, but it turned out to be exactly that. But Chelsea has a point here. They were all tired and called it a night.

     Its sunday morning, Julie thought to relax  by watching some movie & do laundry in the evening. She received a mail from the boss himself, "meet me at my office first thing in the morning and followed by the code. The mail seems to be short and crisp but took away all her peace. The Sunday kept dragging and she cannot relax a single minute, thinking about the mail and the outcome of it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Note:
*Do you want to know Julie' dress for the evening? Check out in the header.
*Have you given any face to the characters? Lemme know in comments.
Drop your vote & comments.

Spread love,
SaphyLaw