Chapter 29

Recap

    Julie was explaining with hand gestures to the other members about how she equated the weights thus making it easy to reach the target within the time.

     Henry was mesmerised by her action, precision and wit, he involuntarily muttered "That's smart work Darling" Ben looked at him with wide eyes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The members have gathered for the next game. It was about walking on a 50 m rope bridge, holding a glass of coloured water covered by a tissue paper on top. By the end line, the tissue paper has to be dry and spotless. Some of them struggled to walk straight as it was a suspending bridge, which made them difficult to walk without shaking the water.

However, Julie and Angela made it and won the Golden ticket. They were happily celebrating when Sr Kingston told, "you can't keep winning all the games, stop jumping like piglets"
"Thank you sir" Angela replied quickly. Julie stomped on her feet, "oh,I mean okay sir" she corrected laughing "or should I say sorry?" she asked Julie innocently. He gave a disapproving look and walked away. They could not contain their laugh for quite some time thinking about their funny encounter with Sr Kingston.

Up next was indoor rock climbing, it's 30 feet high, one who reaches in two minutes would win golden ticket. It was specially designed to resemble the real mountain climbing, so there were no proper hold, just the cracks and creaks and bumps on the rock for support. The game was super tough, their fingers gone numb, no one could reach it.

When Julie climbed down disappointedly, Sr Kingston said to Lee, "told you, these girls are weak, not competent enough, just useless" Julie was triggered, she was so irritated at his words.

After the game, they all have retired to their rooms and followed by lunch. Angela knocked on Julie's door, no answer. "How dare you? Gone without me?" She huffed and walked to the dining to confront Julie for leaving her behind. She filled her plate and scanned the room for Julie. She was not there too.

Angela was worried for Julie as the timer went off for getting lunch. So she stealthily hid two croissants in her pants,so Julie won't die of starving. She was searching for Julie on the grounds.

Kevin informed, "Sir Miss Rozana has missed her lunch" Sr Kingston asked Lee to spot her, he checked the CCTV footage and said she is in the game room, trying the rock climbing. He observed her for a short while.

There were two other men monitored her activities from far away sitting on the top floor office. "I guess she had missed her lunch" Ben said. Henry played the dining hall footage and it was nearly empty. "Poor girl doesn't know that it is the impossible task" added Ben.

"Ask Lee to inform her to get back to the room and send her some fruits later on" Ben dialled Lee, "Buddy, ask Ms Rozana to retire to her room, she is spending too much energy out there, send her some fruits too" "What?" Ben said in shock. Henry was alarmed at his tone. Ben disconnected the call and said, "Sir Lee said Kingston Sr was already on his way to meet Ms Rozana" Henry facepalmed.

Finally, Angela found Julie and screamed at her. "Are you crazy Julie?"
"Why?" Julie called back from 10 feet still climbing the rock.
"You missed your meal girl, is this so important than food?
"I don't mind and I'm not even hungry"
"Like seriously? Even after those tiring tasks since morning?" Ann said in shock.
"Just stop talking, you are distracting me, I cannot focus on my target" as she kept trying for the past half an hour she cannot reach within two minutes, so she was edgy.

"Did someone fool you saying, they gonna replace your statue with Statue of Liberty if you finish this stupid task?"
Henry was enjoying their banter.
"Just shut up, I am already annoyed"
"I was too, my neck is aching, as I was craning my head, looking at you, come down already, let's chill for sometime, don't know what does these mad men have in stock for us next in the name of games" she sighed and added
"I guess we will be going back in wheelchair or least crutches if they torture us like this" Henry laughed aloud.
"Ann stop it!"
"Julie, the company is not going to double your salary for being an outstanding employee, why do you toil so much?"
"You are getting on my nerves, just go away Ann. I am not stopping until I reach the top, I will" she said stubbornly.
"You can't" a stern voice made Angela yelp.
"What is with the voice Ann?" Julie did not bother to look down, "did you just mimic in a male voice? Just horrible! I am going to kick your mouth or maybe I should also kick your round ass so hard so that you won't be able to walk straight or talk for the next two days, you are so annoying"
she heard giggles.
She looked down and lost her balance in fear as she found Sr Kingston in the room.

She was hanging in the mid air, Angela stood by the rope descender system, so she hit the button to descend at the controlled speed. Julie reached down, removed her harness and put down her head in embarrassment.

"Sorry sir, I did not know you were here, I thought it was Angela" she said timidly.
"What were you doing here?"
"Sir, I was trying to finish it in two minutes for the past half an hour but..."
"Even if you try for the whole day, you can't", he replied amusedly.
Julie and Angela exchanged a puzzled look.
"Because the game was meant to lose"
"What???" Angela barked in an impulse. Julie nudged her.
"Sorry Sir, I did not understand" Angela toned down her voice.
"This game is designed in such a way that it is impossible to reach within two minutes, it implies that the employees has to learn to accept the failures, so you two leave now!" He said loudly and started retreating.
Angela was too shocked and annoyed, "What the f*ck?"
Julie shushed her.
"Did you say something girl?" he turned back and asked menacingly.
"I.. I asked what the food? Food for dinner" Angela smiled sheepishly.
Lee chuckled following Sr Kingston who walked off without the word.
Ben laughed, "this girl is crazy" said to laughing Henry.

Julie and Angela strolled around for a while, munching the croissants that Angela looted from the buffet. Angela said, "Julie, you had some parcel on your door when I gone to fetch you for lunch"
"Who would send me parcel while in the camp?"
"Maybe you have earned a fan here" she joked.

Julie found the parcel, opened it and saw a book titled You can't escape. She looked for a note or sender's name, there was none. She was too worked up to guess the sender as there was no lead.

She kept thinking when there was a knock at the door. "Come in" expected Ann, as there would be no one else knocking her door.

She got out and saw no one but a plate of food. She wondered who would get her fresh food when she was on penalty. Anyways, she took the plate and started eating as she was really hungry.

Kevin turned back when she took the plate in, to find a smiling Lee who gave a questioning look on what he did.
"For senior Kingston" said Kevin, in turn he gave the same look, noticing the fruits basket on Lee' hand. He replied "for Junior Kingston" they both shrugged and left in opposite direction. There was another knock on Julie's door, it was fruits basket this time. Julie sat in complete confusion, looking at the anonymous parcels.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
* Do you have any favourite character so far? Let me know in the comments