40

Raven is at work showing off a modern house. 3 bedroom,  2 bath, fenced-in yard with a two car garage.  A few people come in to check the house out. Later that day  While Raven was about to close up a chocolate man came in smiling. 

"Excuse me," He said checking Raven out. 

Raven turns around

"Hi.  Are you here to look at the house?"

"Yes, were you about to close up? "

"It's still open to look.  Just let me know what you think" She said

"I'm Marvin," he said coming around the island and holding his hand out.

Raven shakes it feeling his soft hands. "You can just call me Raven"

"Beautiful name for a beautiful girl.  I'll have a look.  Be back" he said walking away. 

Raven's phone rings seeing it's Marco. "Yes baby"

"I'm outside"

"Okay.  I'll be out in a minute have somebody else looking at the house"

"Alright," he said hanging up. 

Marvin walks back in.  "I love it.  Did somebody already put down on it? "

"Nope. Are you interested? "

"I am.  How much are we talking about? "

"150k"

"That's a good price. I'll take it,"

"Okay.  So since it's already late you'll have to come down to my office in the morning. May I have your contact information? "

"Here's my card"

Raven and Marvin walks out the house.  Marvin turns to her in her face. "You single? "

Marco gets out the car.  "Keep it professional" He said walking up.

"Babe" Raven said looking at Marco putting her hand on chest. 

Marvin smiles putting his head down.  "I'll see you in your office in the morning," he said walking away.

"Fuck he coming to your office for? " he asked opening the car door for Raven seeing her get in. He shuts it going around to the driver side getting in looking at her. "Raven? "

"He buying the house"

"Alright" he said "Tell Buddy ass to keep it cool"

Raven looks at him as he drove off.  "You trust me? "

"Of course I trust you Raven.  It's these niggas I don't trust" He said "I got you something"

"What? " she asked smiling. 

"Look in the glove department "

Raven open it seeing a box with a bow over it. She opened it seeing a diamond necklace with earrings. "Ohhhhh. " she said taking it out.  She reach over kissing him. "This nice" she said.

"Nah don't put it on.  That's my job" he said "I told you find out where we going on a trip too"

"I was just thinking.  Maybe New York"

"New York? "

"Yeah.  Never been.  You? "

"Few times"

"Umhum with? "

"Don't even matter " he said laughing.  "But coo.  I'll get it together "

"Nah who? "

"It was one my boys party.  Just went with some hoes "

"Of course" she said laughing. 

Marco shakes his head. "Anyways how you sleep?  I know you still going through a lot."

"I'm just happy your out"

"Ain't going nowhere baby" he said grabbing her chin.  "I've been thinking about what you said"

"And that is? "

"Getting out the game"

"And?"

"Thinking about owning a nightclub"

"Why? " Raven asked raising her eyebrow.

"Good money to invest in" He said "I love fast money"

"Look I'm with it.  But control your hoes "

Marco laughs "I know you gone be there a lot.  So it's gone be in control. You gone be my partner"

"So I have a say so? "

"Yeah" Marco said as they got out at the gas station walking inside together.  Marco was looking at some woods when a man walks in. 

"Son? " he father said

Marco turns around seeing his father.  He ain't talk to this man in years. And ain't plan on talking to him ever. "Garret"

"That's how you talk to your father" He said.  Two women walks in coming to stand next to Garret . He kissed them both on cheek. "How you holding up?"

"I'm good" He said seeing Raven walk up.  He grabs her hand pushing her on the side of him.

"One of your chicks? " his father said checking her out "she beautiful. 

"Don't! And this my girl" he said getting smart. 

"Taught you better than that"

"Did you? " Marco said becoming angry. 

Raven looks at his face.  "Babe."

"Last time I checked I'm this  way because of you" Marco said

"For a reason.  Can't trust these bitches" his pops said smiling

Raven sure didn't like that. She felt an off feeling about dude "Who is this? "

"Sup sweet heart.  I'm his father"

"Man don't speak to her. Go to the car" Marco said

"No! You coming with me" Raven said

"Well come on" Marco said paying for his woods leaving out.

They get in the car driving off.  Raven looks at Marco who looks pissed.  "Not to be disrespectful.  But I thought your father was dead"

"Wish! " He said

"What happened Marco? " Raven asked

"Alot . He taught me not to respect no female.  Never to settle down all that. Me being a boy seeing him beat women and shit.  I thought that was life and every man did that. Dude did a lot of shit to me that fucked me up" Marco said

Raven sits back as he continues to tell her his story. She felt bad.  Now she know why he is the way he is.