𝟏𝟔.

RANVIJAY

I don't love Meera, and I would never love her, but at least I mentally prepared myself to stay with her and treat her like a wife. I wasn't ready to give my love and heart to her, as it already belonged to Kashish, but I was ready to respect her like a wife.

But when she questioned my profession, I was fucked up. Even my family doesn't know that I'm a special forces officer. My identity is secret. I wasn't ready to get married to her, but I said yes! Honouring my mother's wish!

Sorry, maa, but I can't do this anymore!!

Life becomes more peaceful if you have a partner with you. Sometimes our work makes us realise that we need warm hugs and care from our life partner. We can hug family members too, but the hug from the wife is the sigh that

I'm with you always! I love you madly, always! Your nation needs you more than me, but I will wait for you to come back to me more than them! I'm gonna treat your every wound with love and place you in my embrace so you can sleep peacefully!! Arjun's words hit my mind.

"I can't marry you, Meera. We know each other from childhood, but still our conversation makes me realise that I'm talking to a stranger", I said while she was still shocked by my decision. I was about to leave my room until her words paused my steps.

"You don't leave like this, Ranvijay! I'm not done yet"

"Do you think there is anything left to discuss?" I said while she rolled up her glare at me. "I like you Ranvijay! and you can't break my heart, and I know you love me too!" She rasped, making me sighed.

"But I don't even like you!! And I don't think I would ever do that!"

"You aren't breaking up relations with me because I questioned your profession and priorities" I turned my face towards her, "you are doing this because you have someone else in your life"

Is she knows that I love Kashish, but how? "The way you saved that blue-eyed girl, giving me hints that she is not an ordinary girl for you-your anger when Kabir Rane touched her made me sure that you have something for her, don't you, Ranvijay?" she asked.

"I don't have anything in my heart for her-I saved her because that's what needs to be done at the moment" I lied and left out after shutting the door.

She is my love! My heart too! but I will never accept my feelings in front of anyone-perhaps my confession would be a problem for my brother and Kashish relation. I don't want to be an obstacle between their love.

I buried my feelings and love for her in my heart. the moment i had spend with kashish is enough for me to spend the rest of my life with it.

❀❀❀❀❀❀

"Ranvijay, how can you break the engagement with Meera without even telling us?" dad asked, making me clench my jaws.

"I don't need to tell anybody!"

"You don't need to? I gave my words to her father that you were going to marry her. You didn't even care about my respect at all", dad grinded his teeth.

"Respect!" I smirked, making him sighed. "You don't know how much I hate it when someone questions my profession", I used my cold tone, which I barely used.

"She doesn't know about this Ranvijay-perhaps she is afraid of losing you", Bhagyashree paused as I glared at her. "Don't interrupt me again when I'm talking to my father", I said, making dad sighed. Of course, I disrespected her beloved wife!

"You can't disrespect your wife and their parents", dad said while I checked my popped-up message. It's Arjun!

"Where are you angry man?"