Chapter 46

He looked himself over in the huge, full length mirror standing in front of his closet, he looked sharp, expensive and dangerously handsome, but his eyes, they lacked the enthusiasm, the excitement.

Matteo's smiling face appeared beside him as he dusted off an imaginary speck of dust off the suit
"You look sharp Spade, if she didn't like you before, I bet she'd be head over heels in love with you if she sees you today" he muttered checking Spade out.

He just looked at Matteo from the mirror with a bored expression, all that didn't matter to him, if she liked him or not, he didn't care.
Yes, but why did he take extra time to look good, it wasn't as if this marriage/contract thing was exclusive or born out of feelings.
But he took his time to look good, he didn't care if Su admired him or found him attractive, but yet he still cared enough to look good.

All because of one person, he wasn't even sure he was gonna be there today, not after what happened yesterday.
He sighed out and fixed his suit.
Satisfied with his look, he took one quick glance at his wristwatch and realized he was about 30 minutes behind schedule, he clenched his jaw before walking towards his bedside table, he picked up his gun and put it on the hoister inside his jacket, picked up his keys and phone.

"Let's go Matteo" he muttered before striding out if the bedroom with Matteo hot on his trail, the blonde couldn't help but admire Spade, the man was gifted with almost everything, everything except the ability to feel

"Cheer up Spade, you look like you're going to murder your wife to be" he taunted making Spade clench his jaw and give him a hard glare as they both walked out of the house.
He didn't like that Matteo repeatedly called her his wife, the word didn't sound right in his ears.
It sounded foreign and kind of annoying to him.

He walked towards the driver's side while Matteo walked over to the passenger side before getting in and Spade followed suit, he sat down putting on his seatbelt, he started the car and drove out of his compound.

He drowned out the rest of Matteo's chattering as he let his mind wander to the brown eyed young man, the same one that had been plaguing his mind since the day he set his eyes on him
His hands around the steering tightened as he tried to steady his heartbeat.

Matteo took one quick glance at him, seeing him deep in thoughts.
"What's going on through that big head of yours"? He asked his eyes focused back on the road.

Spade didn't even spare him a glance as he clenched his jaw
"None of your business Matteo" he grunted out "I'm beginning to regret bringing you with me" he added and the blonde just rolled his eyes at him.

"Why so grumpy, you're getting married, cheer up" he muttered "at least you don't have to deal with that Miller kid again" he muttered taking a peek at Spade through his peripheral, wanting to see a reaction from him and he did.

He could see the way his knuckles turned completely white as he gripped the steering wheel tightly and the way his jaw flexed, due to the way he clenched it.
Matteo let his lips tug in half a smile as he was enjoying getting under Spade's skin.

Spade just grunted without saying anything but he could feel the burning feeling settle deep within him as he repeated what Matteo just said, he was right, after today he didn't necessarily have to deal with Nate and he wasn't really receptive to that idea.

Did he really want to stop seeing Nate?
Was he okay with knowing he wouldn't have to deal with him any longer?
Because that was exactly what would happen after today, his sister was the only thing that still connected him to Nate and after the whole contract signing and marriage today, he wouldn't have to see or deal with Nate again because he wouldn't have a reason to.